BMW S1000RR For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW S1000RR is a premium sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 999 cc inline four engine, producing a 190.4 bhp at 13,000 rpm and maximum torque at 9,750 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Steel braided brake lines
- Adjustable Sachs 46 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs rear shock with 130 mm travel
- Adjustable steering head from -5 mm to +10 mm
- Ride modes: Rain (150 bhp), Sport, Race, Slick
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- Slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2010-2011 model there's a 10-level steering damper, new tail unit, swingarm pivot, more reliable crankshaft design, wider handlebars, larger air intake, tweaked power modes and a 10 mm shorter wheelbase.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the quickshifter, ABS (+2.5 kg), traction control, heated grips, GPS data logger and HP Titanium exhaust.
Colours: Black, grey, white/red, blue, white/blue/blackDid You Know?
The side gills are inverted on the second generation.
Up And Down The Range
The S1000RR HP4 adds semi-active suspension and a 9 kg weight advantage however it's substantially more expensive.
Review In A Few
- Some reliability problems
- Handlebar vibration
Launch RRP: £13,735
Capacity: 999 cc (high)
Power: 190 bhp / 142 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,200 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 186 mph / 299 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.5 litres / 3.8 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 204 kg / 450 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 178 kg / 392 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.931 bhp/kg / 0.695 kW/kg
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left