Suzuki GSX-R1000 For Sale
What Is It?
The Suzuki GSX-R1000 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 999.1 cc inline four engine, producing 182.9 bhp at 11,500 rpm and maximum torque at 10,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm Showa Big Piston fork
- Adjustable Showa rear shock
- Speed sensitive steering damper
- Slipper clutch, LED tail light
- Ride modes: Wet, Road, Sport
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2009-2011 model there's a switch to Brembo brakes up front, a tweaked lighter engine with revised pistons / cams / increased mid-range power, more linear power delivery and the single sided exhaust system is back.
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Hypersport S20 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Colours: Black, black/red, blue/white
2014: ABS system added.
Review In A Few
- Loads of power
- No traction control, wheelie control or ABS
Capacity: 999 cc (high)
Power: 183 bhp / 136 kW (very high)
Red Line: 13,750 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.5 litres / 3.8 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 203 kg / 448 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.901 bhp/kg / 0.672 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £11,000
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2012||133||73||206||55 / month|
|2013||152||97||249||54 / month|
|2014||159||59||218||28 / month|
|2015||279||104||383||84 / month|
|2016||281||76||357||170 / month|