Suzuki GSX-R1000 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (810 mm / 31.9 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (203 kg / 448 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (17.5 litres / 4.6 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: Average (150 miles / 241 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (185 mph / 298 km/h)
- Capacity: High (999 cc)
- Power: Very High (183 bhp / 136 kW)
- Power to Weight: Very High (0.901 bhp/kg / 0.672 kW/kg)
- Redline: Very High (13,750 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £11,000
For Sale (13)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Suzuki GSX-R1000 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 999.1 cc inline four engine, producing 182.9 bhp at 11,500 rpm and maximum torque at 10,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm Showa Big Piston fork
- Adjustable Showa rear shock
- Speed sensitive steering damper
- Slipper clutch
- LED tail light
- Ride modes: Wet, Road, Sport
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2009-2011 model there's a switch to Brembo brakes up front, a tweaked lighter engine with revised pistons / cams / increased mid-range power, more linear power delivery and the single sided exhaust system is back.
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Hypersport S20 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Colours: Black, black/red, blue/white
Model History & Updates
2014: ABS system added.
Popularity & How Many Left