Suzuki GSX-R1000 For Sale
What Is It?
The Suzuki GSX-R1000 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 998.6 cc inline four engine, producing 185 bhp at 12,000 rpm and maximum torque at 10,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Tokico four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm Kayaba upside down fork with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable Kayaba rear shock with 130 mm travel
- Electronic speed sensitive steering damper
- Slipper clutch
- LED tail light
- Ride modes: Wet, Road, Sport
- 4->2 Titanium exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2005-2006 model there's a power boost of 7 bhp higher up the range, three ride modes, a higher red line, the rear caliper is now above the disc, the steering damper is now electronic, the radiator has been beefed up, aerodynamics / suspension improved and there's a new Euro friendly dual exhaust system however weight is up 6 kg.
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone BT-015 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Colours: Blue/white/black, red/black, yellow/silver/black, white/black, black/orange, black
Review In A Few
- Plenty of torque across the range
- Build quality
- Paint finish
Launch RRP: £9,000
Capacity: 999 cc (high)
Power: 185 bhp / 138 kW (very high)
Red Line: 13,750 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.5 litres / 3.8 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 172 kg / 379 pounds
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left