Suzuki GSX-R1000 For Sale
The 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a 999cc inline four engine which puts out 182bhp. It was launched in 2001 with updates in 2003, 2005, 2007, 2012 and 2017.
Pros / Cons
- Power, torque, comfort, suspension
- Headlight, exhausts
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 999cc inline four engine, producing 182bhp at 12,000rpm and maximum torque at 10,000rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310mm discs up front with Tokico 2 piston calipers
- 220mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43mm Showa Big Piston fork
- Adjustable Showa rear shock
- Speed sensitive steering damper
- Slipper clutch, LED tail light
- Ride modes: Wet, Road, Sport
- 4->2 Titanium exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2007-2008 model there's a new Showa BPF fork, Showa shock, new chassis design, new more compact short stroke engine, new dash, longer swingarm, 10mm shorter wheelbase, lighter front calipers and 3kg has been shaved off the weight.
Notable weight loss areas include 720g from the suspension, 560g from the brakes, 500g from the swingarm, 400g from the wheels and 400g from the exhaust. The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone BT-016 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Colours: Blue/white, black/silver, black/maroon/silver
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (15)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity / How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2009||332||224||556||110 / month|
|2010||225||119||344||170 / month|
|2011||129||58||187||170 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk