Suzuki GSX-R1000 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £5,850–£3,950
What Is It?
The Suzuki GSX-R1000 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 999cc inline four engine, producing 182bhp at 12,000rpm and maximum torque at 10,000rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310mm discs up front with Tokico 2 piston calipers
- 220mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43mm Showa Big Piston fork
- Adjustable Showa rear shock
- Speed sensitive steering damper
- Slipper clutch, LED tail light
- Ride modes: Wet, Road, Sport
- 4->2 Titanium exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2007-2008 model there's a new Showa BPF fork, Showa shock, new chassis design, new more compact short stroke engine, new dash, longer swingarm, 10mm shorter wheelbase, lighter front calipers and 3kg has been shaved off the weight.
Notable weight loss areas include 720g from the suspension, 560g from the brakes, 500g from the swingarm, 400g from the wheels and 400g from the exhaust. The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone BT-016 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Colours: Blue/white, black/silver, black/maroon/silver
Capacity: 999 cc (high)
Power: 182 bhp / 136 kW (very high)
Red Line: 13,750 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 12.4 kpl / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.5 litres / 3.8 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 203 kg / 448 pounds (heavy)
Launch RRP: £9,900
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you daily updates when we see new adverts like this appearing:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes for Sale (13)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2009||332||224||556||120 / month|
|2010||225||119||344||130 / month|
|2011||129||58||187||210 / month|