Suzuki GSX-R1000 For Sale
What Is It?
The Suzuki GSX-R1000 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 988 cc inline four engine, producing 160 bhp at 10,800 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Tokico six piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm Kayaba upside down fork
- Adjustable Kayaba rear shock
- Steering damper
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- Titanium down pipe
- 6 speed gearbox
The GSX-R1000 replaces the larger and heavier GSX-R1100 as Suzuki's class leading machine and takes on the Yamaha R1.
This new model shares many features with the smaller GSX-R750, including the frame and a slightly re-designed engine but focuses on outright power. Married with the super light chassis it's game changing.
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone BT010 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Colours: Blue/white, grey/black, red/white/black, silver/black
Review In A Few
- Torque across the range
- Budget for upgraded brakes
- On the large side
Launch RRP: £9,050
Capacity: 988 cc (high)
Power: 160 bhp / 119 kW (very high)
Red Line: 12,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 180 mph / 290 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 830 mm / 32.7 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 170 kg / 375 pounds
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes for Sale (0)
We haven't seen any for sale today. Set up an alert and we will let you know when we see one.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left