Suzuki GSX-R1000 For Sale
The 2001 Suzuki GSX-R1000 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a 988cc inline four engine which puts out 160bhp. It was updated in 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2012 and 2017.
What Is It?
- Power, torque across the range, handling, gearbox, mirrors, lights
- On the large side, budget for upgraded brakes, finish
Suzuki launched the GSX-R1000 in 2001 to replace the larger and heavier GSX-R1100 as their class leading machine. This new model shared many features with the smaller GSX-R750, including the frame and a slightly re-designed engine but focused on outright power.
- Aluminium twin spar frame
- Dual 320mm discs up front with six piston calipers
- 220mm disc at the rear
- 6 speed transmission
- Fully adjustable 43mm Kayaba upside down fork
- Fully adjustable Kayaba rear shock
- Lightweight Titanium exhaust down pipe
The incredible in-line 4 engine, for the time, produced 160bhp at 9,500rpm. Married with the a super light chassis it changed the game.
Available colours: Blue/white, grey/black and red/white/black
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, in the hope it helps you find the right bike at the right price.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out this walk around of a 2001 model by MrMarlb0r0:
- Great detail from Sportrider