Suzuki GSX-R1000R For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £13,900–£8,900
What Is It?
The GSX-R1000R is a premium track focused sports bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 999.8 cc inline four engine, producing 199.2 bhp at 13,200 rpm and maximum torque at 10,800 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston monobloc calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Cornering ABS
- Adjustable Showa racing Balance Free Front (BFF) fork
- Adjustable Showa Balance Free Rear Cushion (BFRC) shock
- Assist and slipper clutch, 10-level traction control
- Anti-stoppie system, electronic steering damper
- Three ride modes, LED lighting, adjustable levers
- Easy start system, low RPM assist
- 4->2->1 exhaust system with Titanium muffler
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The limited production run builds on the £2,850 cheaper GSX-R1000 with fancy Showa suspension, a bi-directional quickshifter, launch control system, lighter upper triple clamp and light weight battery.
There are also some cosmetic details such as the LCD dash being inverted with a cool black face and LED position lights but it's 1 kg heavier. The new 6-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Bridgestone Battlax Street RS10 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
The engine uses Variable Valve Timing (VVT) to increase high end power without sacrificing anything low down. Suzuki's implementation of VVT is simple but effective, using 12 Steel balls in slanted grooves within the intake cam sprocket and centrifugal force to shift them at high rpms.
- 2017: Blue/yellow/black (gold fork), black/blue (blue wheels/fork)
- 2018-2019: Black/grey, black/blue, white/blue, MotoGP Race Rep Blue
- 2020: Blue, white/blue, black/red
2018: £20,000 Buildbase limited edition launched with only 50 units worldwide. It gets a special blue/red/black colour scheme to honour some of the riders in the 2018 Superbike Championship, pillion seat cowl, Yoshimura exhaust (track only), smoked double bubble screen, upgraded levers, paddock stand and a few other track focused accessories.
2019: Adjustable swingarm pivot, Steel braided brake lines, new black heat shield on exhaust and tyres upgraded to Bridgestone RS11s.
Capacity: 1,000 cc (high)
Power: 199 bhp / 148 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,500 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 16.0 litres / 3.5 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 825 mm / 32.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 203 kg / 448 pounds (heavy)
Launch RRP: £16,100
Check out this video review from 44Teeth.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2017||151||84||235||79 / month|
|2018||272||-||272||230 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||270 / month|