Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R For Sale
What Is It?
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is a mid-range sports bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 998 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 200 bhp at 13,200 rpm and maximum torque at 11,400 rpm. Ram air adds another 10 bhp on top.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo M50 four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Cornering ABS system
- Adjustable Showa 43 mm BPF upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Showa rear shock with 115 mm travel
- Ohlins electronic steering damper
- Ride modes: Rain, Road, Sport, Custom
- Launch control
- Engine brake control
- Traction control
- Cruise control
- Assist and slipper clutch
- Up / down quickshifter
- Titanium down tubes
- 4->1 exhaust system
- 4.3" TFT dash with connectivity
- LED lighting all round
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2011-2020 model there's a new nose housing a modern LED headlight, new TFT dash, improved front brakes, a 40 mm higher screen, cruise control and a liquid cooled oil cooler. There's also a larger exhaust to help Euro 5 compliance and overall it's 1 kg heavier.
Much of the competition now sport winglets for increased down force but instead of following the herd Kawasaki have simply tweaked the fairing to achieve a similar effect with a 17% improvement.
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, pillion seat cover and heated grips.
- 2021: Black/green, green/white/red
It's also known as the ZX1000.
Up And Down The Range
At the top of the range the £24,800 ZX-10RR adds Steel braided lines, 6-spoke Marchesini forged wheels, Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tyres, a pillion seat cover, 400 rpm higher redline, lighter conrods and low friction pistons but it's limited to 500 units worldwide.
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 200 bhp / 149 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,000 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 835 mm / 32.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 207 kg / 456 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.966 bhp/kg / 0.720 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Loads of smooth power
- It's up against some tough competition
- Looks definitely divide opinion
- Non-adjustable ABS
- On the heavy side
For Sale (16)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike: