Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is a mid-range sports bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 998 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 200 bhp at 13,200 rpm and maximum torque at 11,400 rpm. Ram air adds another 10 bhp on top.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo M50 four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Cornering ABS system
- Adjustable Showa 43 mm BPF upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Showa rear shock with 115 mm travel
- Ohlins electronic steering damper
- Ride modes: Rain, Road, Sport, Custom
- Launch control
- Engine brake control
- Traction control
- Cruise control
- Assist and slipper clutch
- Up / down quickshifter
- Titanium down tubes
- 4->1 exhaust system
- 4.3" TFT dash with connectivity
- LED lighting all round
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2011-2020 model there's a new nose housing a modern LED headlight, new TFT dash, improved front brakes, a 40 mm higher screen, cruise control and a liquid cooled oil cooler. There's also a larger exhaust to help Euro 5 compliance and overall it's 1 kg heavier.
Much of the competition now sport winglets for increased down force but instead of following the herd Kawasaki have simply tweaked the fairing to achieve a similar effect with a 17% improvement.
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, pillion seat cover and heated grips.
- 2021: Black/green, green/white/red
It's also known as the ZX1000.
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 200 bhp, 149 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,000 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph, 298 km/h (very high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 45 mpg, 6.3 l/100km, 15.9 km/l (average)
Range: 170 miles, 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres, 4.5 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 835 mm, 32.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 207 kg, 456 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.966 bhp/kg, 0.720 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Review In A Few
- Loads of smooth power
- It's up against some tough competition
- Looks definitely divide opinion
- Non-adjustable ABS
- On the heavy side
Up And Down The Range
At the top of the range the £24,800 ZX-10RR adds Steel braided lines, 6-spoke Marchesini forged wheels, Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tyres, a pillion seat cover, 400 rpm higher redline, lighter conrods and low friction pistons but it's limited to 500 units worldwide.
For Sale (19)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike: