Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R SE For Sale
What Is It?
The Kawasaki ZX-10R SE is a premium sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 197.3 bhp at 13,000 rpm and maximum torque at 11,500 rpm. Ram air adds another 10 bhp.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo M50 four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Bosch Cornering ABS
- Adjustable Showa 43 mm upside down BFF fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Showa rear shock with 114 mm travel
- Ohlins electronic steering damper
- 3 power / suspension modes: Road, Track, Manual
- Launch control
- Traction control
- 4->1 exhaust system with Titanium muffler
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It's based on the road going ZX-10R but packed with features like the new solenoid based Showa electronically controlled suspension with a 1 ms reaction time (that's 1,000 damping adjustments per second but pre-load is still manual), Marchesini forged wheels from the track focused ZX-10RR and up / down quickshifter (above 2,500 rpm). Incredibly all that additional tech only adds 2 kg to the weight over the R.
The 7-spoke 17" Marchesini forged wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories are limited but include the usual Akrapovic exhaust and tank pads, both of which are included in the £19,650 Performance edition.
- 2018-2019: Black/green
2019: Minor changes to valve train with finger follower valve actuation allows the motor to spin up faster and make a few more bhp. The top of the engine is painted red to mark the change.
Review In A Few
- Super fast electronic suspension
- Loads of top end power
- No fancy colour TFT dash
- Stock tyres
Launch RRP: £18,950
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 197 bhp / 147 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,000 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 835 mm / 32.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 206 kg / 454 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.956 bhp/kg / 0.713 kW/kg
Check out this video review from Bike World.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike: