BMW S1000RR For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £13,550–£10,850
What Is It?
The BMW S1000RR is a premium sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 999 cc inline four VVT engine, producing 203.8 bhp at 13,500 rpm and maximum torque at 11,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame, rear frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with BMW four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- BMW cornering ABS with off-mode
- Adjustable 45 mm Marzocchi upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 117 mm travel
- Traction control, wheelie control, hill start control
- Ride modes: Rain, Road, Dynamic, Race (ABS off)
- LED lighting all round, quickshifter
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2015-2018 model power is up 8 bhp from a new more compact engine with Variable Valve Timing (ShiftCam), the headlights are now a lovely symmetrical LED design where both put out high/low beam, the indicators are now in the mirrors, the dash is the latest 6.5" colour TFT job from the new GS, it's a bit narrower around the knees, the front brake now uses a BMW rather than Brembo caliper and weight is down roughly 7 kg but the tank is a litre smaller and the seat is 9 mm higher. The bodywork, subframe and exhaust are also new designs.
This generation is all about optimising an already highly optimised machine with a few shiny up to date bits, VVT producing more torque below 9,000 rpm with more power above and generous weight savings with 4 kg shaved off the engine, 1.6 kg off the wheels, 1.3 kg off the exhaust system and roughly 600 g off the suspension. The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
- Race Pack (£16,700): Forged wheels, DDC, Pro Modes, 2 kg lighter battery, adjustable swingarm, pillion seat cover, heated grips, cruise control, TPMS, hill start control pro and 1.6 kg off the weight
- M Pack (HP in old money) (£19,315): Race pack plus Carbon Fibre wheels, sport seat, red/white/blue colour scheme and 3.5 kg off the weight
Accessories include the fancy electronic semi-active suspension (DDC), Pro Modes (1-3 custom riding modes, launch control, pit lane limiter), adjustable anti-wheelie control, cruise control, Hill Start Control Pro, pillion seat cover, tinted screen, heated grips and loads of Carbon bits.
- 2019: Red, white/blue/red (M Pack)
- 2020: Black, red, silver, white/blue/red
Capacity: 999 cc (high)
Power: 204 bhp / 152 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,600 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 16.5 litres / 3.6 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 824 mm / 32.4 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 197 kg / 434 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 175 kg / 386 pounds
Launch RRP: £15,290
Check out this video review from 44Teeth.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: