BMW S1000RR Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (824 mm / 32.4 inches)
- Weight: Average (197 kg / 434 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (16.5 litres / 4.4 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: Average (150 miles / 241 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (185 mph / 298 km/h)
- Capacity: High (999 cc)
- Power: Very High (204 bhp / 152 kW)
- Power to Weight: Very High (1.036 bhp/kg / 0.772 kW/kg)
- Redline: Very High (14,600 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £15,290
For Sale (6)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Check out this video review from 44Teeth.
What Is It?
The BMW S1000RR is a premium sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 999 cc inline four VVT engine, producing 203.8 bhp at 13,500 rpm and maximum torque at 11,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame, rear frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Hayes four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- BMW cornering ABS with off-mode
- Adjustable 45 mm Marzocchi upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 117 mm travel
- Traction control, wheelie control, hill start control
- Ride modes: Rain, Road, Dynamic, Race (ABS off)
- LED lighting all round, quickshifter
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2015-2018 model power is up 8 bhp from a new more compact engine with Variable Valve Timing (ShiftCam), the headlights are now a lovely symmetrical LED design where both put out high/low beam, the indicators are now in the mirrors, the dash is the latest 6.5" colour TFT job from the new GS.
It's also a bit narrower around the knees, the front brake now uses a BMW rather than Brembo caliper and weight is down roughly 7 kg but the tank is a litre smaller and the seat is 9 mm higher. The bodywork, subframe and exhaust are also new designs.
This generation is all about optimising an already highly optimised machine with a few shiny up to date bits, VVT producing more torque below 9,000 rpm with more power above and generous weight savings with 4 kg shaved off the engine, 1.6 kg off the wheels, 1.3 kg off the exhaust system and roughly 600 g off the suspension.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
- Race Pack (£16,700): Forged wheels, DDC, Pro Modes, 2 kg lighter battery, adjustable swingarm, pillion seat cover, heated grips, cruise control, TPMS, hill start control pro and 1.6 kg off the weight
- M Pack (HP in old money) (£19,315): Race pack plus Carbon Fibre wheels, sport seat, red/white/blue colour scheme and 3.5 kg off the weight
Accessories include the fancy electronic semi-active suspension (DDC), Pro Modes (1-3 custom riding modes, launch control, pit lane limiter), adjustable anti-wheelie control, cruise control, Hill Start Control Pro, pillion seat cover, tinted screen, heated grips and loads of Carbon bits.
- 2019: Red, white/blue/red (M Pack)
- 2020: Black, red, silver, white/blue/red
- 2021: Black, silver, white/blue/red
- 2022: Black, black/grey, white/blue/red
Model History & Updates
2021: Euro 5 tweaks. USB port and GPS based auto lap timer / counter trigger now options.
Popularity & How Many Left