BMW S1000RR For Sale
The 2010 BMW S1000RR is a premium sports bike and is powered by a 999cc inline four engine which puts out 193bhp. It was updated in 2012, 2015 and 2019.
- Comfortable, usable in town, powerful, fast, stylish
- More suited to the track than the road, vibrating handlebars at 4-5k rpm
What Is It?
Launched in Munich the liquid cooled inline four 999cc engine red lines at 14,200rpm, producing a 193bhp at 13,000rpm. Options included traction control (DTC), Race ABS and Gearshift Assistant (full throttle upshifts without using the clutch). The design certainly splits opinions with an asymmetrical front fairing/headlight layout.
- Adjustable Sachs 46mm upside down fork with 125mm travel
- Sachs rear shock with 125mm travel
- Adjustable steering head from -5mm to +10mm
- Dual 320mm discs up front with 2 piston Brembo radial calipers
- 220mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Steel braided brake lines
- 4 performance modes: Rain, Sport, Race and Slick plus ABS Off
- 4-2-1 stainless steel exhaust system
- Slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox
- 10-spoke 17" cast aluminium wheels
The optional Race ABS and Dynamic Traction Control work with the various riding modes for performance and rider safety. To access the Slick and ABS Off modes you need to insert a special red plug under the seat. The heart of the bike is of course the engine which weights in at only 60kg due to lightweight Titanium internals.
It retailed for £11,200 in 2010 and was available in yellow, silver and black. Red/white/blue BMW racing colours were also available for an additional £500.
The viral "Tablecloth" video featured an S1000RR pulling a banquet table cloth from a dining table, without spilling the glasses and dishes. MythBusters took the bait but used Jamie's Buell 1125R instead. It also appears in the Black Eyed Peas music video Imma Be Rocking That Body.
Did You Know?
It's well known for the viral Tablecloth video
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (14)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out this video review from SerratedMobius.