BMW S1000RR For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW S1000RR is a popular premium sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 999 cc inline four engine, producing a 190 bhp at 13,000 rpm and maximum torque at 9,750 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Steel braided brake lines
- Adjustable Sachs 46 mm upside down fork with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs rear shock with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable steering head from -5 mm to +10 mm
- Ride modes: Rain (150 bhp), Sport, Race, Slick
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- Slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The design certainly splits opinion with the asymmetrical front fairing / headlight layout but the design is all about speed with a lightweight 60 kg engine and Titanium internals. To access the Slick and ABS Off modes you need to insert a special red plug under the seat.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the lean angle aware traction control (DTC), Race ABS and a quickshifter. The Sport edition gets you all three.
Colours: Black, grey, silver, yellow, red/white/blue (£500)Did You Know?
It's well known for the viral video featured the RR pulling a banquet table cloth from a table without spilling the glasses. It also appears in the Black Eyed Peas video Imma Be Rocking That Body.
Review In A Few
- Usable in town
- Vibrating handlebars at 4,000-5,000 rpm
Launch RRP: £11,200
Capacity: 999 cc (high)
Power: 190 bhp / 142 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,000 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 186 mph / 299 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.5 litres / 3.8 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 206 kg / 454 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 183 kg / 404 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.922 bhp/kg / 0.688 kW/kg
Check out this video review from SerratedMobius.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left