BMW S1000RR For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £7,700–£5,950
What Is It?
The BMW S1000RR is a popular premium sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 999 cc inline four engine, producing a 190 bhp at 13,000 rpm and maximum torque at 9,750 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Steel braided brake lines
- Adjustable Sachs 46 mm upside down fork with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs rear shock with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable steering head from -5 mm to +10 mm
- Ride modes: Rain (150 bhp), Sport, Race, Slick
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- Slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The design certainly splits opinion with the asymmetrical front fairing / headlight layout but the design is all about speed with a lightweight 60 kg engine and Titanium internals. To access the Slick and ABS Off modes you need to insert a special red plug under the seat.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the lean angle aware traction control (DTC), Race ABS and a quickshifter. The Sport edition gets you all three.
Colours: Black, grey, silver, yellow, red/white/blue (£500)
Did You Know?
It's well known for the viral video featured the RR pulling a banquet table cloth from a table without spilling the glasses. It also appears in the Black Eyed Peas video Imma Be Rocking That Body.
Review In A Few
- Comfortable, usable in town, powerful, fast, stylish
- Vibrating handlebars at 4,000-5,000 rpm
Capacity: 999 cc (high)
Power: 190 bhp / 142 kW (very high)
Red Line: 14,000 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 186 mph / 299 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 17.5 litres / 3.8 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 206 kg / 454 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 183 kg / 404 pounds
Launch RRP: £11,200
Check out this video review from SerratedMobius.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2010||393||301||694||170 / month|
|2011||364||218||582||150 / month|