Aprilia RSVR Gen2 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (810 mm / 31.9 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (201 kg / 443 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (18.0 litres / 4.8 US gallons)
- Economy: Poor (32 mpg / 8.8 l/100km / 11.3 km/l)
- Range: Average (130 miles / 209 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (170 mph / 274 km/h)
- Capacity: High (998 cc)
- Power: High (140 bhp / 104 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.697 bhp/kg / 0.519 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (12,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Aprilia RSVR Gen2 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 997.6 cc 60° V-Twin four stroke engine, producing 140 bhp at 9,500 rpm and maximum torque at 7,500 rpm.
- Twin spar Aluminium frame with and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- Rear 220 mm disc with Brembo single piston caliper
- Braided brake lines
- Adjustable Showa 43 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Sachs rear shock with 133 mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins steering damper
- 16 bit ECU with 15 sensors
- Slipper clutch, LED tail light
- 6 speed gearbox
The second generation RSVR is, rather confusingly, an evolution of the previous base model, the RSV Mille which over its life ended up picking up many parts from the higher spec gen 1 RSV Mille R. The previous generation higher spec RSV Mille R evolved into the new range topping RSVR Factory.
Changes from the old RSV Mille include a re-design chassis and engine, smaller 18 litre fuel tank, an easier to use 15 mm lower seat and dual end cans. Visually the biggest difference is the large air intake on the nose which is paired with a rpm and load variable electronic valve.
The new chassis and sub-frame design helps to improve mass centralisation while also lowering the seat to a more manageable level.
The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
Colours: Black/red, silver/redDid You Know?
A 2007 RSVR can be seen briefly in the original 2007 Transformers movie.
Model History & Updates
A facelift in 2006 bought over some of the shiny Factory bits, echoing the original RSV Mille's relationship with the higher spec gen 1. Specifically it gets the Ohlins fork and lightweight wheels however they are not forged like the Factory.
2004: Nera special edition, 200 units, black with gold frame and red wheels. Fairings are carbon and many of the screws / bolts are Titanium, all of which shave 10 kg off the weight (175 kg dry). The red coated wheels are actually forged Magnesium while the exhaust is Titanium.
2007: Pista, Titanium racing exhaust for +10 bhp mid-range and overall 8 kg shaved off the weight.
2008: 10th Anniversary, purple/red/silver paint with purple front wheel and red back wheel.
Popularity & How Many Left