Aprilia RSV Mille Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (825 mm / 32.5 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (220 kg / 485 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (20.0 litres / 5.3 US gallons)
- Economy: Poor (35 mpg / 8.1 l/100km / 12.4 km/l)
- Range: Average (150 miles / 241 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (170 mph / 274 km/h)
- Capacity: High (998 cc)
- Power: High (128 bhp / 95 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.582 bhp/kg / 0.434 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (11,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Aprilia RSV Mille is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 997.6 cc 60° V-Twin four stroke engine, producing 128 bhp at 9,500 rpm and maximum torque at 7,250 rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- Rear 220 mm disc with single piston caliper
- Showa 43 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Rear shock with 135 mm travel
- Basic slipper clutch, fuel injection
- 6 speed gearbox
Most of the competition use 90° engines but the narrow V-Twin angle of the RSV yields a more compact engine at the expense of smooth running. To counter the vibrations Aprilia designed in dual balance shafts and there is even an after market re-mapped chip which can add another 10 horses if needed.
Elsewhere there is an LCD speedo, shift light, clock, temp gauge and highest top speed this session switch.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre up front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Colours: Red, black/grey/red, yellow/redDid You Know?
RSV stands for Racing Series V-Twin.
Model History & Updates
2001: Re-styled fairing, fuel injection mapping, smaller / narrower plastic fuel tank, revised rear shock. Wet weight down 5kg to 215kg and the new fuel tank slightly lowered the centre of gravity. Optional Titanium exhaust system.
2002: Brembo four piston monobloc calipers (previously only available on the RSVR) and re-designed rear lights.
2003: Revised closer gear ratios, new exhaust system and re-designed tail.
Up And Down The Range
The higher spec and lighter RSV Mille R launched in 2000 for £2,000 extra. Notable differences include fully adjustable Ohlins suspension and damper, forged wheels, Carbon mudguard, Brembo brakes and shorter single seat sub-frame.
The top of the line RSV Mille SP, of which only 150 were produced, appeared for racing homologation. It cost the best part of £23,000 new so don't expect to see many for sale or even on the road.