Kawasaki ZX-9R Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (810 mm / 31.9 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (202 kg / 445 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (19.0 litres / 5.0 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (190 miles / 306 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (175 mph / 282 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (899 cc)
- Power: High (143 bhp / 107 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.708 bhp/kg / 0.528 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (12,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £9,550
For Sale (12)
Sell Your Bike
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Kawasaki ZX-9R is a premium sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 899 cc inline four engine which puts out 143 bhp at 11,000 rpm and maximum torque at 9,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 296 mm discs up front with Tokico four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 46 mm KYB fork
- Adjustable rear piggyback shock
- 40 mm Keihin carbs
- Analogue / LCD dash
- 4->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 1994-1997 model there's a new beefier fork, new lighter frame / swingarm / wheel / rear shock design, smaller front discs, an improved reflector headlight and a lighter Titanium exhaust. All of that adds up to a hefty 33 kg chopped off the weight and there's a handy 4 bhp power boost to make the power to weight figure competitive again.
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone BT56 120/70 tyre at the front and a 180/55 at the rear.
Colours: Black, green, red, blue, silver
Model History & Updates
2000: New twin headlight and stiffer frame.
2002: Nissin four piston front calipers.
Popularity & How Many Left