Honda VTR1000F Firestorm For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Current Prices: £3,000–£1,350
What Is It?
The Honda VTR1000F Firestorm is a sports bike which is related to the high performance VTR1000 SP1 and SP2 sports bikes. It's powered by a Euro 1 compliant liquid cooled 996cc V-Twin engine, producing 108.6bhp at 9,000rpm and maximum torque at 7,000rpm.
- Twin spar Aluminium frame
- Dual 296mm discs up front with Nissin 2 piston calipers
- 220mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 41mm fork with 109mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 124mm travel
- 48mm carbs
- 2->2 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Electric starter, adjustable levers
- Position light above headlight
- 6 speed gearbox
The fairings each cover a side mounted radiator, the swingarm bolts directly onto the engine and the pillion seat cover can be removed to reveal the seat. The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
- 1997-1998: Black, red, silver, yellow
- 1999: Black, red, blue, orange
- 2000-2002: Red, blue, yellow (silver wheels)
- 2003-2004: Black, red, blue
- 2005-2008: Black, red
2001: Wheels back to black, fuel capacity up to 19 litres, handlebars 16mm higher and 7° forward, new indicators, new LCD dash, HISS, new battery, smoother fuelling and more efficient Euro 2 air-induction system. Dry weight up from 192kg to 193kg.
Did You Know?
It's called the SuperHawk in the USA.
- Good value all rounder
Capacity: 996 cc (high)
Power: 109 bhp / 81 kW (high)
Red Line: 9,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 145 mph / 233 km/h (high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 120 miles / 193 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 16.0 litres / 3.5 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 214 kg / 472 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 193 kg / 426 pounds
Launch RRP: £8,000
Check out this video review from MadMax Blades And Bikes.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you weekly updates with adverts like this:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|1997||238||333||571||29 / month|
|1998||421||617||1,038||140 / month|
|1999||262||333||595||87 / month|
|2000||274||338||612||140 / month|
|2001||208||232||440||46 / month|
|2002||214||257||471||88 / month|
|2003||174||243||417||60 / month|
|2004||69||127||196||23 / month|