Ducati 999 S For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati 999 S is a premium sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998 cc V-Twin Testastretta engine, producing 136 bhp at 9,750 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Steel trellis frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- Rear 245 mm disc with two piston caliper
- Adjustable Ohlins 43 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins rear shock with 128 mm travel
- Marelli electronic fuel injection
- 2->1 exhaust system with under seat steel muffler
- Adjustable brake levers and pegs
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the base 999 you get Ohlins suspension, 12 bhp more from the engine, a tad more torque, a steering damper and solo seat.
The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Colours: Red, blackDid You Know?
The 999 was designed by Pierre Terblanche.
Launch RRP: £13,950
Capacity: 998 cc (high)
Power: 136 bhp / 101 kW (high)
Red Line: 10,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 170 mph / 274 km/h (very high)
Economy: 30 mpg / 9.4 L/100km (poor)
Range: 100 miles / 161 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 15.5 litres / 3.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 780 mm / 30.7 inches (low)
Dry Weight: 186 kg / 410 pounds
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Styling splits opinion
- High maintenance
2005: Revised engine with Titanium internals, larger sump and 143 bhp. Trellis frame now painted red, longer swingarm, taller screen and radial brakes.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
↑Year shows signs of appreciation
Parts & Accessories
Popularity & How Many Left