Ducati 1098 S For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati 1098 S is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,098 cc Testastretta V-Twin engine, producing 160 bhp at 9,750 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo M4 four piston calipers
- Rear 245 mm disc with two piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm Ohlins FG511 upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Ohlins 46PRC rear shock with 127 mm travel
- Ohlins steering damper (part of the FG511 fork)
- 2->1->2 under-seat exhaust system
- LED indicators
- Slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox
The 1098 S improves on the already excellent 1098 by adding Ohlins suspension, better brakes, Marchesini forged race wheels, the Carbon front mudguard and the data logger.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/55 at the rear.
Colours: Black, red, yellow, Tricolore
Up And Down The Range
The rare and rather expensive 1098 R features a larger 1,198 cc engine and produces 180 bhp. It weighs only 165 kg dry due to lighter engine internals, some Titanium, a race exhaust system and Ohlins TTX rear shock.
2009: Re-modelled and power increased to 180 bhp.
Review In A Few
- Aggressive riding position
- Seat can get quite hot
Launch RRP: £13,000
Capacity: 1,098 cc (high)
Power: 160 bhp / 119 kW (very high)
Red Line: 10,700 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 180 mph / 290 km/h (very high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 15.5 litres / 3.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 192 kg / 423 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 171 kg / 377 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.833 bhp/kg / 0.621 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left