Ducati 1098 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (820 mm / 32.3 inches)
- Weight: Average (194 kg / 428 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (15.5 litres / 4.1 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (40 mpg / 7.1 l/100km / 14.2 km/l)
- Range: Average (140 miles / 225 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (180 mph / 290 km/h)
- Capacity: High (1,098 cc)
- Power: Very High (160 bhp / 119 kW)
- Power to Weight: Very High (0.825 bhp/kg / 0.615 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (10,700 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £11,250
For Sale (4)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Ducati 1098 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,098 cc Testastretta V-Twin engine, producing 160 bhp at 9,750 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and Aluminium single sided swingarm
- Dual 330 mm discs up front with Brembo M4 four piston calipers
- Rear 245 mm disc with two piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm Showa upside down fork
- Adjustable Showa rear shock
- 2->1->2 under-seat exhaust system
- LED indicators
- 6 speed gearbox
The dash reports on battery condition, speed, temperature and time but for £150 extra you can add the data logger which stores 3.5 hours of data, available to download from a USB port under the seat.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/55 at the rear.
Colours: Black, red, yellow
Did You Know?
The 1098 was designed by Ducati designer Giandrea Fabbro.
Model History & Updates
2009: Re-modelled and power increased to 180 bhp.
Up And Down The Range
The 1098S adds Ohlins suspension, better brakes, Marchesini forged race wheels and the data logger while the 1098R is even more extreme and equipped with traction control.
Popularity & How Many Left