Kawasaki Z1000 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (815 mm / 32.1 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (221 kg / 487 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (17.0 litres / 4.5 US gallons)
- Economy: Poor (35 mpg / 8.1 l/100km / 12.4 km/l)
- Range: Average (130 miles / 209 km)
- Top Speed: Very High (155 mph / 249 km/h)
- Capacity: High (1,043 cc)
- Power: High (140 bhp / 104 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.633 bhp/kg / 0.472 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (11,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £9,900
For Sale (5)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Kawasaki Z1000 is a popular modern naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,043 cc inline four engine, producing 140 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 7,500 rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm wavy discs with four piston calipers
- 250 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Fully adjustable 41 mm Showa Big Piston Fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Showa shock with 138 mm travel
- Fuel injection
- 6 speed gearbox
- 4->1->2 exhaust system
- Slipper clutch
- Adjustable levers
- LED tail light
Compared to the 2010-2013 model the sharper looking front lights are now also LED, the mirrors are now die cast, the dash has a cool new design with easier to read revs, there's a new Showa Big Piston Fork, larger fuel tank, new muffler design, lighter wheels and a slipper clutch.
The engine now puts out 140 bhp due to a few revisions, the bike is 3 kg heavier than the previous model, the fuel tank 2 litres larger and the front disc has grown to 310 mm. The 6-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
Accessories include the ABS system (£400, +1 kg), smoked screen (£60) and Akrapovic mufflers (£1049).
The Sugomi special edition goes for £10,750 and gets you the Akrapovic mufflers, a tasty purple/black paint job, purple rim tape and purple fork.
At the top of the range the Performance edition goes for £10,850 and gets you the Akrapovics, tank pad and rim tape.
- 2014: Black, green/black, orange/silver/black
- 2015: Black, green/black, grey/orange, grey/green
- 2016: Grey/green/black, white/green/black, purple/black (Sugomi)
- 2017: Black, matt black, green/black, orange
- 2018: Green, blue/grey, black/grey, black
- 2019: Black/grey/purple, green/grey
It's also sometimes called the ZR1000.
Model History & Updates
2016: ABS now standard and gear position indicator a £90 option.
2017: Euro 4 compliant £11,550 Z1000R edition launched with Brembo M50 calipers, Steel braided brake lines, Ohlins S46DR1S rear shock, revised fork settings and revised ECU settings. You also get a gear position indicator with fancy shift light that lights up the speedo needle like the Z1000SX. The only colour scheme is black/grey/green.
2018: New indicators and updated grey/black/green colour scheme for the R edition.
Popularity & How Many Left