Kawasaki Z1000 For Sale
The 2014 Kawasaki Z1000 is a naked bike and is powered by a 1,043cc inline four engine which puts out 140bhp. It was first launched in 2003, then updated in 2007 and 2010.
What Is It?
- Comfort, handling, cool lights
- No gear position indicator
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,043cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 140bhp at 10,000rpm and maximum torque at 7,500rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm
- Dual 310mm wavy discs with radial mount monobloc 2 piston calipers
- 250mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Fully adjustable 41mm Showa Big Piston Fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable Showa shock with 138mm travel
- Fuel injection and 6 speed gearbox
- 4->1->2 exhaust system
- Slipper clutch
- Adjustable levers
- LED tail light
Compared to the 2010-2013 model the front lights are now also LED, the mirror are now die cast metal, the console has a cool new design with easier to read revs, a new Showa Big Piston Fork, larger fuel tank, new muffler design, lighter 6-spoke wheels and there's a slipper clutch.
The engine now puts out 140bhp due to a few revisions, the bike is 3kg heavier than the previous model and the front disc have grown to 310mm. Some of the weight is likely down to the fuel capacity being increased by 2 litres to 17. The new 6-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
Accessories include a smoked screen (£60) and Akrapovic mufflers (£1049).
The Sugomi special edition goes for £10,750 and gets you the Akrapovic mufflers, a tasty purple/black paint job, purple rim tape and purple fork.
The Z1000 Performance edition goes for £10,850 and gets you the Akrapovics, tank pad and rim tape.
2016: ABS is now standard (previously a £400 option which added 1kg), front axle sliders (£59) and gear position indicator (£90).
2017: Euro 4 compliant £11,550 RRP Z1000R edition launched, with Brembo M50 calipers, Steel braided brake lines, Ohlins S46DR1S rear shock, revised fork settings and revised ECU settings. You also get a gear position indicator with fancy shift light that lights up the speedo needle like the Z1000SX. The only colour scheme is black/grey/green - check the pics above.
2018: New indicators and updated grey/black/green colour scheme for the R edition.
- 2014: Black, green/black, orange/silver/black
- 2015: Black, green/black, grey/orange, grey/green
- 2016: Grey/green/black, white/green/black, purple/black (Sugomi)
- 2017: Black, matt black, green/black, orange
- 2018: Green, blue/grey, black/grey, black
Did You Know?
It's also sometimes called the ZR1000
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (44)
- 1 of 15
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out this review from chaseontwowheels: