Kawasaki Z1000 For Sale
The 2014 Kawasaki Z1000 is a modern naked bike and is powered by a 1,043cc inline four engine which puts out 140bhp. It was first launched in 2003, then updated in 2007 and 2010.
Pros / Cons
- Comfort, handling, cool lights
- No gear position indicator
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 1,043cc inline four engine, producing 140bhp at 10,000rpm and maximum torque at 7,500rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm
- Dual 310mm wavy discs with 2 piston calipers
- 250mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Fully adjustable 41mm Showa Big Piston Fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable Showa shock with 138mm travel
- Fuel injection, 6 speed gearbox
- 4->1->2 exhaust system
- Slipper clutch
- Adjustable levers, LED tail light
Compared to the 2010-2013 model the sharper looking front lights are now also LED, the mirrors are now die cast, the dash has a cool new design with easier to read revs, there's a new Showa Big Piston Fork, larger fuel tank, new muffler design, lighter wheels and a slipper clutch.
The engine now puts out 140bhp due to a few revisions, the bike is 3kg heavier than the previous model, the fuel tank 2 litres larger and the front disc has grown to 310mm. The 6-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
Accessories include the ABS system (£400, +1kg), smoked screen (£60) and Akrapovic mufflers (£1049).
The Sugomi special edition goes for £10,750 and gets you the Akrapovic mufflers, a tasty purple/black paint job, purple rim tape and purple fork. At the top of the range the Performance edition goes for £10,850 and gets you the Akrapovics, tank pad and rim tape.
- 2014: Black, green/black, orange/silver/black
- 2015: Black, green/black, grey/orange, grey/green
- 2016: Grey/green/black, white/green/black, purple/black (Sugomi)
- 2017: Black, matt black, green/black, orange
- 2018: Green, blue/grey, black/grey, black
2016: ABS now standard and gear position indicator a £90 option.
2017: Euro 4 compliant £11,550 Z1000R edition launched with Brembo M50 calipers, Steel braided brake lines, Ohlins S46DR1S rear shock, revised fork settings and revised ECU settings. You also get a gear position indicator with fancy shift light that lights up the speedo needle like the Z1000SX. The only colour scheme is black/grey/green.
2018: New indicators and updated grey/black/green colour scheme for the R edition.
Did You Know?
It's also sometimes called the ZR1000.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (36)
- 1 of 12
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
|Year||On the road||Off the road||Total registered||Adverts seen|