Kawasaki Z1000 For Sale
What Is It?
The Kawasaki Z1000 is a modern naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,043 cc inline four engine, producing 136.1 bhp at 9,600 rpm and maximum torque at 7,800 rpm. The engine is new and derived from the 2004-2010 ZX-10R Ninja, de-tuned for better low down torque at the expense of top end power.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm
- Dual 300 mm wavy discs with Tokico radial mount four piston calipers
- 250 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Fully adjustable Showa 41 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable shock with 135 mm travel
- Fuel injection
- 6 speed gearbox
- 4->2->2 exhaust system
- Adjustable levers
- LED tail light
Compared to the 2007-2009 model the wheels are now 5-spoke, the frame is Aluminium rather than Steel while also being lighter and more rigid, the seat is 5 mm lower, fuel capacity much lower at 15 litres and the fork fully adjustable. The rear shock is now positioned above the swingarm and nearer the centre of mass for improved handling.
Visually the styling is all new as well, with shorter and lighter angular mufflers and the dash sees a brand new design with the ability to angle over three positions for perfect clarity.
The 5-spoke machined 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
Accessories include the ABS system (+3 kg), pillion seat cover (£227), smoked fly screen (£75), Akrapovic mufflers (£1058), snake skin seat (£225) and front axle sliders (£71).
- 2010: White/red/black, green/black, black/silver, purple/gold
- 2011: Black, green/black
- 2012: Black, green/black, orange/black, black/white/orange
- 2013: Black, green/black, orange/black, black/white/orange
Review In A Few
- Easy to mod
Launch RRP: £8,500
Capacity: 1,043 cc (high)
Power: 136 bhp / 101 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 155 mph / 249 km/h (very high)
Economy: 30 mpg / 9.4 L/100km (poor)
Range: 100 miles / 161 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 15.0 litres / 3.3 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 815 mm / 32.1 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 218 kg / 481 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.624 bhp/kg / 0.465 kW/kg
Check out this useful four part video review from Robert Buchnajzer.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left