Triumph Speed Triple 1050 For Sale
What Is It?
The Triumph Speed Triple 1050 is a really popular naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,050 cc triple engine, producing 128 bhp at 9,100 rpm and maximum torque at 5,100 rpm.
- Aluminium tubular frame and single sided swingarm
- 320 mm discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with Nissin two piston caliper
- Adjustable Showa 45 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable Showa rear shock with 140 mm travel
- 6 speed gearbox and fuel injection
- 3->1->2 exhaust system
- LED rear light
Compared to the 955i power is up 20 bhp and available lower down the range, it's 7 kg lighter, the seat is 15 mm higher, the fork is now upside down for improved handling, the gearbox is slicker, the chassis re-designed, the dash is new and the exhausts are now under the seat. The 5-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include a range of off-road only mufflers, colour coded radiator cowl and belly pan, fly screen, pillion seat cowl, grab rail and rear hugger.
- 2005: Black, blue, yellow
- 2006: Black, blue, yellow, white
- 2007: Black, white, green
- 2008: Black, white, green, orange, matt black
- 2009: Black, red, green, blue, matt black
- 2010: Black, red, green
2007: New ECU, improved MPG, improved muffler heat shields and fuel tank back to metal. Carbon special edition comes with the fly screen, anodised mirrors and pillion seat cowl.
2008: Brake calipers now Brembo, new larger pillion seat, black fork and new 7 split-spoke wheels.
2009: Carbon limited edition with carbon heat shields, engine shield, front mudguard and seat cowl. There's also a fly screen and anodised mirrors.
2010: 15th Anniversary special edition with the fly screen, black colour scheme, red pinstriped wheels, red decals, colour matched belly pan and comfort gel seat. You even get a limited edition Speed Triple watch to show off with.
Review In A Few
- Great engine, looks
- Brakes, mirrors
Capacity: 1,050 cc (high)
Power: 128 bhp / 95 kW (high)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 160 mph / 257 km/h (very high)
Economy: 38 mpg / 7.4 L/100km (poor)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 815 mm / 32.1 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 189 kg / 417 pounds
Launch RRP: £7,800
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2005||302||217||519||75 / month|
|2006||246||141||387||6 / month|
|2007||286||125||411||45 / month|
|2008||260||139||399||16 / month|
|2010||478||184||662||100 / month|