Kawasaki Z1000 For Sale
What Is It?
The Kawasaki Z1000 is a modern naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 953 cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 123.4 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,200 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with new Aluminium subframe and swingarm
- Dual 300 mm wavy discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 250 mm wavy disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Adjustable 41 mm fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 150 mm travel
- Fuel injection, 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2003-2006 model power is down by almost 2 bhp but it gains more low to mid range torque, weight is up by 7 kg, the rear shock has a bit more travel, the rear disc is larger, fuel capacity is up 0.5 litres and the now stubby mufflers have had an angular makeover.
Kawasaki have also moved the indicators into the mini side fairings, the wheelbase is 10 mm longer and the riding position is a bit more comfortable. Perhaps the biggest difference is the exhaust system as a whole though. It's now 4->2->1->2 with the new mufflers actually just appearing to be quads. The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
Accessories include the ABS system (£350, +4 kg), colour coded belly pan (£316), pillion seat cover (£151), smoked fly screen (£82), Z1000 handlebar bridge (£59) and custom angular mirrors (£150). Steel braided brake lines are also available but are not covered by Kawasaki's warranty on the grounds they are for competitive racing only.
- 2007: Bright orange, black, blue
- 2008: Green, black, blue, white
- 2009: Black, green, dark orange, white
Review In A Few
- Power, comfort
- Still the de-tuned engine from the ZX-9R
Capacity: 953 cc (high)
Power: 123 bhp / 92 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 155 mph / 249 km/h (very high)
Economy: 30 mpg / 9.4 L/100km (poor)
Range: 120 miles / 193 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 18.5 litres / 4.1 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 205 kg / 452 pounds
Launch RRP: £7,350
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2007||184||90||274||90 / month|
|2008||233||98||331||40 / month|
|2009||173||67||240||92 / month|