Kawasaki Versys 1000 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Launch RRP: £11,200
Power: 118 bhp
Engine: 1,043 cc, 10,000 rpm red line, 145 mph top speed
Economy: 45 mpg
Range: 210 miles from the 21.0 litre tank
Seat Height: 840 mm
Weight: 257 kg (wet)
What Is It?
The Kawasaki Versys 1000 is a premium adventure bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 1,043cc inline four engine, producing 118.3bhp at 9,000rpm and maximum torque at 7,500rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm
- Dual 310mm wavy discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 250mm wavy disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Bosch cornering ABS system
- Adjustable 43mm upside down fork with 150mm travel
- Remotely adjustable rear shock with 152mm travel
- Ride modes: Rain, Road, Sport
- Traction control, cruise control
- Assist and slipper clutch, adjustable screen
- LED lighting all round, 12V socket, centre stand
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2015-2018 Versys the bodywork has been sharpened up, the exhaust is a new cleaner design with prettier down pipes, cruise control has been added with a small engine tweak to introduce electronic throttle valves, it now boasts cornering ABS and the 12V socket is now standard but weight is up 7kg. The 6-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax T31 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
The £14,400 SE edition gets you the Showa super fast electronic semi-active suspension (related to the Ninja ZX-10R SE, can be set from an app), the quickshifter, fancy TFT dash, LED cornering lights (blanked off on the base model), custom riding mode, heated grips, hand guards, tall screen and a better "self healing" paint finish.
The £11,900 Tourer edition adds the panniers while the £12,700 Grand Tourer also includes the top box and both are available with the SE spec for £15,100 and £15,900.
Accessories include the 20mm lower seat, tall screen, heated grips, hand guards, fog lights, panniers and top box.
- 2019: White/black/green, orange/black, black/white, green
- 2020: Green/grey, black/white, green/black, white/green/black
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
How fast does a Kawasaki Versys 1000 go?
The top speed of the Kawasaki Versys 1000 is around 145 mph.
How much does a Kawasaki Versys 1000 weigh?
The curb weight of the Kawasaki Versys 1000 is 257 kg. It includes fuel, oil and other fluids so is commonly called the wet weight.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (47)
- 1 of 16
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: