Kawasaki Z1000SX For Sale
The 2017 Kawasaki Z1000SX is a super popular sports touring bike and is powered by a 1,043cc inline four engine which puts out 140bhp. It was first launched in 2011 and updated in 2014.
What Is It?
- Smooth power, sounds great, all round ability
- Pillion comfort
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,043cc inline four cylinder engine, producing 140.1bhp at 10,000rpm and maximum torque at 7,300rpm. RRP is £10,000 for the base model, £10,600 for the Tourer version or £11,000 for the Performance version.
- Aluminium frame
- Dual 300mm wavy discs up front with radial 2 piston monobloc calipers
- 250mm wavy disc at the rear with single piston monobloc caliper
- ABS (from the Ninja H2 and ZX-10R)
- Adjustable 41mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Horizontal Showa rear shock with adjustable rebound/pre-load and 144mm travel
- Screen with 3 level manual adjustment
- Traction control with 3 modes
- Gear position indicator
- Slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox
Improvements over the 2014-2016 model include Euro 4 compliance with the same 140bhp output, re-tuned suspension with slightly more travel at the rear, a 5mm lower seat but 5kg heavier.
The big new feature for 2017 is the Inertial Measurement Uni (IMU). It measures movement of the chassis on 3 axis and feeds back into the ECU, which in turn controls the ABS and traction control systems for improved braking while cornering. There is also a selectable Low Power (Rain) ride mode which limits power to around 80% and tones down throttle response.
Elsewhere the headlights are now LED for greater range, where both lights have high and low beam mode to maintain the looks, while the LED position light helps you to be seen. There's even a cool feature where the speedo needle flashes from white to red when it's time to change gear - nice!
For increased comfort the seats have been re-designed to be wider for the rider and longer for the pillion while sporting improved padding and a better grab rail design. The front cowl is also wider for better wind protection and works with the new taller screen to make it an even better touring option. Even the class leading pannier system has been improved so they're easier to pop on and off.
Accessories include a smoked screen, 56 litre pannier system (£429), 47 litre top case (£147) and bracket (£265), Akrapovic Titanium slip-ons (£1133), Akrapovic Carbon slip-ons (£1133), low seat, crankcase rings (£55), pillion seat cover, 12V socket (£79), GPS bracket (£55) and heated grips (£221).
- The Tourer edition is £600 more and gets you the side cases, case bags, tank pad and satnav bracket.
- The Performance edition is £1000 more and gets you the Carbon Akrapovic exhaust, smoked screen, seat cowl and tank pad.
The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
- 2017: Green/grey, black/grey, orange/grey
- 2018: Green/grey, black, silver
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (59)
- 1 of 20
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Parts & Accessories
Cleaning & Detailing
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
Check out these reviews from David Hobson:
and a month later on the road, with the panniers: