Kawasaki Z1000SX For Sale
The 2017 Kawasaki Z1000SX is a super popular sports touring bike and is powered by a 1,043cc inline four engine which puts out 140bhp. It was first launched in 2011 and updated in 2014.
- Smooth power, sounds great, LED headlight, brakes, pannier system, all round ability
- Pillion comfort, seat comfort, low clutch biting point, finish
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,043cc inline four engine, producing 140.1bhp at 10,000rpm and maximum torque at 7,300rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 300mm wavy discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 250mm wavy disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS (from the Ninja H2 and ZX-10R)
- Adjustable 41mm upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable horizontal Showa rear shock with 144mm travel
- Screen with 3 level manual adjustment
- Traction control with 3 modes
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- Slipper clutch
Improvements over the 2014-2016 model include Euro 4 compliance with the same 140bhp output, re-tuned suspension with slightly more travel at the rear and a 5mm lower seat but it's 5kg heavier.
The big new feature for 2017 is the Inertial Measurement Uni (IMU). It measures movement of the chassis on 3 axis and feeds back into the ECU, which in turn controls the ABS and traction control systems for improved braking while cornering. There is also a selectable Low Power (Rain) ride mode which limits power to around 80% and tones down throttle response.
Both headlights are now LED based with high and low beam, while the LED position light helps you to be seen. There's even a cool feature where the speedo needle flashes from white to red when it's time to change gear.
For increased comfort the seats have been re-designed to be wider for the rider and longer for the pillion while sporting improved padding and a better grab rail design. The front cowl is also wider for better wind protection and works with the new taller screen to make it an even better touring option.
Even the class leading pannier system has been improved so they're easier to pop on and off. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
- The Tourer edition is £600 more and gets you the side cases, case bags, tank pad and satnav bracket.
- The Performance edition is £1000 more and gets you the Carbon Akrapovic exhaust, smoked screen, seat cowl and tank pad.
Accessories include a smoked screen, 56 litre pannier system (£429), 47 litre top case (£147) and bracket (£265), Akrapovic Titanium slip-ons (£1133), Akrapovic Carbon slip-ons (£1133), low seat, pillion seat cover, 12V socket (£79), GPS bracket (£55) and heated grips (£221).
- 2017: Green/grey, black/grey, orange/grey
- 2018: Green/grey, black, silver
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (61)
- 1 of 21
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.