Kawasaki Z1000SX For Sale
What Is It?
The Kawasaki Z1000SX is a super popular sports touring bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,043 cc inline four engine, producing 140.1 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 7,300 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 300 mm wavy discs up front with four piston calipers
- 250 mm wavy disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- ABS (from the Ninja H2 and ZX-10R)
- Adjustable 41 mm upside down fork with 120 mm travel
- Adjustable horizontal Showa rear shock with 144 mm travel
- Screen with 3 level manual adjustment
- Traction control with 3 modes
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- Slipper clutch
Improvements over the 2014-2016 model include Euro 4 compliance with the same 140 bhp output, re-tuned suspension with slightly more travel at the rear and a 5 mm lower seat but it's 5 kg heavier.
The big new feature for 2017 is the Inertial Measurement Uni (IMU). It measures movement of the chassis on 3 axis and feeds back into the ECU, which in turn controls the ABS and traction control systems for improved braking while cornering. There is also a selectable Low Power (Rain) ride mode which limits power to around 80% and tones down throttle response.
Both headlights are now LED based with high and low beam, while the LED position light helps you to be seen. There's even a cool feature where the speedo needle flashes from white to red when it's time to change gear.
For increased comfort the seats have been re-designed to be wider for the rider and longer for the pillion while sporting improved padding and a better grab rail design. The front cowl is also wider for better wind protection and works with the new taller screen to make it an even better touring option.
Even the class leading pannier system has been improved so they're easier to pop on and off. The 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
- The Tourer edition is £600 more and gets you the side cases, case bags, tank pad and satnav bracket.
- The Performance edition is £1000 more and gets you the Carbon Akrapovic exhaust, smoked screen, seat cowl and tank pad.
Accessories include a smoked screen, 56 litre pannier system (£429), 47 litre top case (£147), Akrapovic Titanium slip-ons (£1133), Akrapovic Carbon slip-ons (£1133), low seat, pillion seat cover, 12V socket (£79), GPS bracket (£55) and heated grips (£221).
- 2017: Green/grey, black/grey, orange/grey
- 2018: Green/grey, black, silver
- 2019: Black, green, blue
Review In A Few
- Smooth power, sounds great, LED headlight, brakes, pannier system, all round ability
- Pillion comfort, seat comfort, low clutch biting point, finish
Capacity: 1,043 cc (high)
Power: 140 bhp / 104 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,000 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 150 mph / 241 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 19.0 litres / 4.2 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 815 mm / 32.1 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 235 kg / 518 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.596 bhp/kg / 0.444 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £10,000
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: