Yamaha NIKEN GT For Sale
What Is It?
The NIKEN GT is a three wheeled sports tourer and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 847 cc triple engine producing 113.5 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Steel / Aluminium hybrid frame with Aluminium swingarm
- One 298 mm disc per wheel up front with four piston calipers
- 282 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Adjustable forks with 110 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 125 mm travel
- 3 riding modes, cruise control
- 2 level traction control with off mode
- LED lighting all round
- 12V socket on the dash
- 3->1 exhaust system
- Quickshifter, slipper clutch
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
For 2019 Yamaha realised that the benefits of the three wheeled NIKEN actually made it a pretty good sports tourer, rather than the sporty naked bike is was originally marketed as, so they have run with it and added what it needed to pull off that role.
Specifically you get the 25 litre panniers, comfort seat, tall screen, heated grips, centre stand and extra 12V socket - basically all the accessories available for the original NIKEN.
Yamaha reckon the benefits of the extra wheel include almost double the front grip, enabling you to carve a tighter line through corners with a 45° maximum lean angle, twice the contact area with the road when braking and like the Tricity more all round stability at low speeds. The design is actually really clever because it keeps the front wheels the same distance apart even while leaning in corners.
Crucially, in the UK at least, the distance between the front wheels is 410 mm so it's a proper bike and not something you can hop onto with a car licence like the Piaggio MP3. The 10-spoke 15" front wheels take Bridgestone Battlax 120/70 tyres and the rear 17" a 190/55.
Accessories include the Akrapovic full Titanium exhaust (£1,225), sports seat (£243), hand guards (£153) and lots of billet parts.
- 2019: Blue, grey
- 2020: Blue, grey, red
Did You Know?
The NIKEN surprised Yamaha by coming out as a sports tourer.
Review In A Few
- Smooth ride
- Quite expensive
- Dash isn't TFT
- Really heavy
Capacity: 847 cc (average)
Power: 114 bhp / 85 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,300 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 110 mph / 177 km/h (high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 160 miles / 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 267 kg / 589 pounds (very heavy)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.427 bhp/kg / 0.318 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £14,700
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.