Yamaha Tracer 9 For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha Tracer 9 is a popular sports tourer and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 889 cc triple engine, producing 117.3 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 7,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with Nissin four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- 2-level cornering ABS system
- Adjustable 41 mm KYB fork with 130 mm travel
- KYB rear shock with pre-load adjustment and 137 mm travel
- Ride modes: Rain, Road, Sport, Custom
- 3-level lean angle aware traction control
- 3-level slide control
- 3-level anti wheelie system
- Assist and slipper clutch
- Cruise control
- 12V socket near dash
- LED lighting all round
- Adjustable 810 mm / 825 mm seat
- Adjustable screen over 50 mm
- Centre stand
- 3->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It's a rebrand and evolution of the popular Tracer 900 with a new 42 cc larger engine, 4 bhp more power and maximum torque appearing 1,500 lower.
There's also a new lighter frame, 64 mm longer swingarm, cornering ABS, new dual 3.5" colour TFT dash, cruise control, 40 mm lower seat, 700 gram lighter spin forged wheels, larger screen and it's 2 kg lighter.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax T32 120/70 tyre at the front and a 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, quickshifter, top box with pillion backrest, LED fog lights, heated grips, heated seat and the colour-coded quick release panniers.
- 2021: Black, red
Up And Down The Range
The range topping Tracer 9 GT gets the cornering headlight, panniers, up / down quickshifter, heated grips and KYB semi-active electronic suspension however it's 8 kg heavier.
Capacity: 889 cc (average)
Power: 117 bhp / 87 kW (high)
Red Line: 10,750 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 212 kg / 467 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.552 bhp/kg / 0.412 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Electronics package
- Brilliant engine
- Looks divide opinion
Check out this launch video from Yamaha.
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike: