Yamaha MT-09 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Current Prices: £7,750–£5,050
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-09 is a naked bike at the sportier end of the spectrum and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 847 cc triple engine, producing 113.5 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS and 3-level traction control with off mode
- Adjustable 41 mm upside down fork with 137 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130 mm travel
- 3 ride modes: Standard, A (sport), B (rain)
- 3->1 low slung exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2013-2016 model there's a new MT-10 inspired headlight where each light is powered by two LEDs, there are two strips of LED running lights under them to give it a mean looking face and a new LED tail light design.
The tail has been tidied up out of the factory thanks to a new swingarm mounted plate holder which results in it being 30 mm shorter, for improved power delivery you now get a slipper clutch and the quickshifter from the R1, while handling is improved by the fork now being adjustable for compression damping.
A new design LCD dash has been moved closer to the centre, it now remembers the last ride now, the new seat is 5 mm higher, the radiator has larger side fins, the muffler gets a minor re-design and the front indicators are now lower down on the radiator. The 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax S20 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Options include a fly screen, heated grips, comfort seat and Akrapovic full Titanium exhaust system.
- 2017-2018: Grey/black with yellow wheels, blue/black with blue wheels, black, white with red wheels (2019)
- 2020: Black, blue, white
Did You Know?
It sold over 48,000 units in Europe from 2013 to 2017.
Review In A Few
- Engine, comfort, cool exhaust, looks amazing
- Suspension, range, levers, basic dash
Capacity: 847 cc (average)
Power: 113 bhp / 84 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,300 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 14.0 litres / 3.1 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 193 kg / 426 pounds (average)
Launch RRP: £7,800
- Yamaha NIKEN
- Yamaha MT-09 Street Rally
- Yamaha MT-09 Sport Tracker
- Yamaha Tracer 900
- Yamaha MT-09 SP
- Yamaha XSR900
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2017||744||73||817||350 / month|
|2018||502||-||502||140 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||520 / month|