Yamaha MT-09 Motorbikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-09 is a naked bike at the sportier end of the spectrum and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 889 cc triple engine, producing 117.3 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 7,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- 2-level cornering ABS
- Adjustable 41 mm KYB upside down fork with 130 mm travel
- Adjustable KYB rear shock with 122 mm travel
- Ride modes: Standard, A (Sport), B (Rain), Custom
- Lean angle aware 3-level traction control
- 3-level slide control
- 3-level anti-wheelie
- Assist and slipper clutch
- Up / down quickshifter
- LED lighting all round
- 3->1->2 low slung exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2017-2020 model there's a new 3.5" TFT colour dash, funky single LED headlight, unusual 1.4 kg lighter exhaust system, cornering ABS, a faster quickshifter, new 2.3 kg lighter frame / swingarm, new 0.7 kg lighter spin forged wheels, LED indicators and the plate holder is back to being mounted off the seat.
The new 42 cc larger engine delivers just under 4 bhp more power, with a 7% boosted maximum torque appearing 1,500 rpm lower down the range and weighs 1.7 kg less. Suspension travel is slightly lower, seat height is 5 mm higher and it's an impressive 4 kg lighter.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax S22 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/70 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, pro levers, 39 / 50 litre top box, heated grips, TPMS, USB port, screen, comfort seat and a range of billet parts.
- 2021: Black, black/red, blue/grey
MT stands for Masters of Torque.
Capacity: 889 cc (average)
Power: 117 bhp, 87 kW (high)
Red Line: 10,800 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 140 mph, 225 km/h (high)
Fuel Consumption / Gas Mileage: 50 mpg, 5.6 l/100km, 17.7 km/l (average)
Range: 150 miles, 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 14.0 litres, 3.7 US gallons (average)
Seat Height: 825 mm, 32.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 189 kg, 417 pounds (average)
Power to Weight: 0.619 bhp/kg, 0.462 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (very high)
Review In A Few
- Loads of usable torque
- Very light
- New headlight design divides opinion
Up And Down The Range
The £10,200 MT-09 SP builds on the standard MT-09 with cruise control, a premium KYB fork, Ohlins rear shock, premium stitched seat, black handlebar / levers, brushed swingarm and a SPecial colour scheme.
- Yamaha NIKEN
- Yamaha MT-09 SP
- Yamaha MT-09 Street Rally
- Yamaha MT-09 Sport Tracker
- Yamaha Tracer 900
- Yamaha Tracer 9
- Yamaha XSR900
For Sale (32)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike: