Yamaha MT-09 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Current Prices: £7,400–£5,150
Launch RRP: £7,800
Power: 113 bhp
Engine: 847 cc, 11,300 rpm red line, 140 mph top speed
Economy: 45 mpg
Range: 140 miles from the 14.0 litre tank
Seat Height: 820 mm
Weight: 193 kg (wet)
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-09 is a naked bike at the sportier end of the spectrum and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 847cc triple engine, producing 113.5bhp at 10,000rpm and maximum torque at 8,500rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS and 3-level traction control with off mode
- Adjustable 41mm upside down fork with 137mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130mm travel
- 3 ride modes: Standard, A (sport), B (rain)
- 3->1 low slung exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2013-2016 model there's a new MT-10 inspired headlight where each light is powered by two LEDs, there are two strips of LED running lights under them to give it a mean looking face and a new LED tail light design.
The tail has been tidied up out of the factory thanks to a new swingarm mounted plate holder which results in it being 30mm shorter, for improved power delivery you now get a slipper clutch and the quickshifter from the R1, while handling is improved by the fork now being adjustable for compression damping.
A new design LCD dash has been moved closer to the centre, it now remembers the last ride now, the new seat is 5mm higher, the radiator has larger side fins, the muffler gets a minor re-design and the front indicators are now lower down on the radiator. The 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax S20 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Options include a fly screen, heated grips, comfort seat and Akrapovic full Titanium exhaust system.
- 2017-2018: Grey/black with yellow wheels, blue/black with blue wheels, black, white with red wheels (2019)
- 2020: Black, blue, white
Did You Know?
It sold over 48,000 units in Europe from 2013 to 2017.
- Yamaha NIKEN
- Yamaha MT-09 Street Rally
- Yamaha MT-09 Sport Tracker
- Yamaha Tracer 900
- Yamaha MT-09 SP
- Yamaha XSR900
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (34)
- 1 of 12
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2017||744||73||817||280 / month|
|2018||502||-||502||240 / month|
|2019||Data not yet available||330 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk