Yamaha MT-09 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (825 mm / 32.5 inches)
- Weight: Average (189 kg / 417 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Average (14.0 litres / 3.7 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (50 mpg / 5.6 l/100km / 17.7 km/l)
- Range: Average (150 miles / 241 km)
- Top Speed: High (140 mph / 225 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (889 cc)
- Power: High (117 bhp / 87 kW)
- Power to Weight: High (0.619 bhp/kg / 0.462 kW/kg)
- Redline: High (10,800 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £9,000
For Sale (23)
Sell Your Bike
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-09 is a naked bike at the sportier end of the spectrum and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 889 cc triple engine, producing 117.3 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 7,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- 2-level cornering ABS
- Adjustable 41 mm KYB upside down fork with 130 mm travel
- Adjustable KYB rear shock with 122 mm travel
- Ride modes: Standard, A (Sport), B (Rain), Custom
- Lean angle aware 3-level traction control
- 3-level slide control
- 3-level anti-wheelie
- Assist and slipper clutch
- Up / down quickshifter
- LED lighting all round
- 3->1->2 low slung exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2017-2020 model there's a new 3.5" TFT colour dash, funky single LED headlight, unusual 1.4 kg lighter exhaust system, cornering ABS, a faster quickshifter, new 2.3 kg lighter frame / swingarm, new 0.7 kg lighter spin forged wheels, LED indicators and the plate holder is back to being mounted off the seat.
The new 42 cc larger engine delivers just under 4 bhp more power, with a 7% boosted maximum torque appearing 1,500 rpm lower down the range and weighs 1.7 kg less. Suspension travel is slightly lower, seat height is 5 mm higher and it's an impressive 4 kg lighter.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax S22 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/70 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic exhaust, pro levers, 39 / 50 litre top box, heated grips, TPMS, USB port, screen, comfort seat and a range of billet parts.
- 2021: Black, black/red, blue/grey
- 2022: Black, blue, blue/red
MT stands for Masters of Torque.
Up And Down The Range
The £10,200 MT-09 SP builds on the standard MT-09 with cruise control, a premium KYB fork, Ohlins rear shock, premium stitched seat, black handlebar / levers, brushed swingarm and a SPecial colour scheme.