Yamaha MT-09 For Sale
The 2017 Yamaha MT-09 is a naked bike at the sportier end of the spectrum and is powered by an 847cc triple engine which puts out 113bhp. It first launched in 2013 and has just been updated with LED headlights, a slipper clutch and quickshifter.
- Engine, comfort, cool exhaust
- Looks amazing
- Suspension, range, levers
- Basic dash
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 847cc triple engine, producing 113.5bhp at 10,000rpm and maximum torque at 8,500rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298mm discs up front with two piston calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS and 3 level traction control with off mode
- Adjustable 41mm upside down fork with 137mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 130mm travel
- 3 ride modes: Standard, A, B
- 3->1 low slung exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The 2017 model sees a number of upgrades, the key one being the new MT-10 inspired LED headlights. Each light is powered by two LED bulbs and there are two strips of LED running lights under them to give it a mean looking face.
The tail has been tidied up out of the factory thanks to a new swingarm mounted plate holder which results in it being 30mm shorter and a new angular design for the LED tail light. For improved power delivery you now get a slipper clutch and the quick shifter from the R1, while handling is improved by the fork now being adjustable for compression damping.
Elsewhere the new design LCD dashboard has been moved closer to the centre, the new seat is 5mm higher, the radiator has larger side fins, the muffler gets a minor re-design and the front indicators are now lower down on the radiator.
STD mode is the default with A for more aggressive throttle response and B for when it's raining, while the system now also remembers the last setting. The 17" wheels are fitted with a Bridgestone Battlax S20 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear (just like the bigger MT-10).
Options include a fly screen, heated grips, comfort seat and Akrapovic full Titanium exhaust system.
- 2017-2018: Grey/black with yellow wheels, blue/black with blue wheels, black, white with red wheels (2019)
Did You Know?
It sold over 48,000 units in Europe 2013-2017
Parts & Accessories
If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Bikes for Sale (1)
Check out this review from CagerOnTwoWheels:
and this 14,000 mile review from AJHD: