Yamaha MT-09 SP For Sale
The 2018 Yamaha MT-09 SP upgrades the best selling MT-09 naked bike with Ohlins rear suspension, an improved KYB fork and a special inverted dash. It's powered by an 847cc triple engine which puts out 114bhp.
- Engine, torque, suspension, handling, looks great with the SP paint job
- Limited range, slightly snatchy throttle, no fancy dash from the MT-10 SP
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 847cc inline three cylinder engine, producing 113.5bhp at 10,000rpm and maximum torque at 8,500rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 245mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS and 3-level traction control with off mode
- Adjustable KYB 41mm fork with 137mm travel
- Remotely adjustable Ohlins rear shock with 142mm travel
- Quick shifter (up only), traction control
- Assist and slipper clutch, 3 riding modes
- LED lighting all round
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Like the MT-10 SP Yamaha have taken the standard 2017 revamp of the MT-09 and fitted Ohlins rear suspension, a KYB fork where both legs are adjustable including low/high speed damping, the MT-10's SP colour scheme and the dash is basically the same as the MT-09 but inverted i.e. white on black. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax S20 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Options include a range of rear springs suited to each rider, fly screen (£108), heated grips (£134), comfort seat (£249), top box (£190), engine protectors (£204), and Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system (£1,083).
Colours: Silver/blue (similar to the MT-10 SP)
Did You Know?
SP stands for Special
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (14)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
We work out the price guide ourselves, independent from any other organisation, so you can easily get a rough valuation or an idea of what it's worth.
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
We thoroughly recommend Petrolhead Detailing for all your cleaning, detailing and paint correction needs. They really know their stuff!
- Related Model
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.