Yamaha MT-09 SP For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Current Prices: £8,850–£6,400
What Is It?
The Yamaha MT-09 SP is an upgraded version of the best selling MT-09 naked bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 847 cc triple engine, producing 113.5 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS and 3-level traction control with off mode
- Adjustable KYB 41 mm fork with 137 mm travel
- Remotely adjustable Ohlins rear shock with 142 mm travel
- Quick shifter (up only), traction control
- Assist and slipper clutch, 3 riding modes
- LED lighting all round
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Like the MT-10 SP Yamaha have taken the standard 2017 revamp of the MT-09 and fitted Ohlins rear suspension, a KYB fork where both legs are adjustable including low / high speed damping, the MT-10's SP colour scheme and the dash is basically the same as the MT-09 but inverted i.e. white on black.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone Battlax S20 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Options include a range of rear springs suited to each rider, fly screen (£108), heated grips (£134), comfort seat (£249), top box (£190), engine protectors (£204) and Akrapovic Titanium exhaust system (£1,083).
2018-2020: Silver/blue (similar to the MT-10 SP).
Did You Know?
SP stands for Special.
Review In A Few
- Engine, torque, suspension, handling, looks great with the SP paint job
- Limited range, slightly snatchy throttle, no fancy dash from the MT-10 SP
Capacity: 847 cc (average)
Power: 114 bhp / 85 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,300 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 14.0 litres / 3.1 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 193 kg / 426 pounds (average)
Launch RRP: £9,000
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2018||311||-||311||130 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||120 / month|