KTM Duke 890 R For Sale
What Is It?
The KTM Duke 890 R is a focused sporty naked bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 889 cc parallel twin engine, producing 119.4 bhp at 9,250 rpm and maximum torque at 7,750 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium subframe / swingarm
- Dual 300 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1 MP dual channel cornering ABS with Supermoto rear off mode
- Adjustable 43 mm WP APEX upside down fork with 140 mm travel
- Adjustable WP APEX rear shock with 150 mm travel
- Slip and assist clutch
- Lean angle sensitive traction control
- WP steering damper
- Riding modes: Rain, Street, Sport
- Colour TFT dash
- Adjustable levers
- LED lighting all round with LED DRL
- 2->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It builds on the popular Duke 790 with a 91 cc larger engine, 16 bhp more power, 1.2 kg lighter Brembo Stylema brakes, improved suspension that's adjustable at the front, orange wheels and frame, stickier tyres, a slightly more aggressive riding position from lower bars and set back pegs, pillion seat cover, more ground clearance for cornering and 3.5 kg knocked off the weight but the seat height is 9 mm higher.
The new engine has a red line 1,000 rpm higher, peak power appears 250 rpm higher and peak torque 250 rpm lower.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a Michelin Powercup II 120/70 tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic slip-on muffler (£875), wavy discs, a 25 mm lowering kit (£262), CNC milled triple clamp (£516), TPMS (£139), lever protectors, USB socket, +20 mm comfort seat (£148), adjustable CNC peg system (£437), Carbon fender (£174), Carbon sprocket cover (£131), chain guard (£131), up + down quickshifter (£349), motor slip regulator, Track riding mode with anti-wheelie off setting and launch control (£306), cruise control (£218), heated grips and a variety of bags.
Colours: WhiteDid You Know?
The LC8c engine name stands for Liquid Cooled 8 valve Compact and KTM call it the Super Scalpel.
Review In A Few
- Latest brakes
- Finicky day / night display mode switching
- Can get hot in traffic
Launch RRP: £10,400
Capacity: 889 cc (average)
Power: 119 bhp / 89 kW (high)
Red Line: 10,500 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 150 mph / 241 km/h (very high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 14.0 litres / 3.1 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 834 mm / 32.8 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 166 kg / 366 pounds
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike: