KTM Duke 790 For Sale
What Is It?
The KTM Duke 790 is a middle of the range naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 799 cc parallel twin engine, producing 103.3 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium subframe / swingarm
- Dual 300 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Bosch 9MP dual channel cornering ABS with off mode
- 43 mm WP upside down fork with 140 mm travel
- Adjustable WP rear shock with 150 mm travel
- Slip and assist clutch, adjustable levers
- Lean angle sensitive traction control
- Quick shifter
- WP steering damper
- Riding modes: Rain, Street, Sport, Track
- Colour TFT dash
- LED lighting all round with LED DRL
- 2->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It's actually KTM's first parallel twin engine, compared to the single in the 690 Duke and they call it the LC8c with the little "c" standing for compact, achieved by using a parallel twin over a V-Twin design and it's a stressed member of the frame. There's also an L version available with 94 bhp or 47 bhp restricted for the A2 licence.
KTM's track mode gives you launch control and the ability to turn off the anti-wheelie control while the Supermoto mode allows you to block the rear wheel for slides while the ABS continues to work on the front.
The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 Maxxis Supermaxx ST tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic slip-on muffler (£752), wavy discs (£383), triple clamp (£493), pillion seat cover (£108), 20 mm lower seat, heated grips, USB socket (£41), Carbon Fibre front mudguard (£166), racing graphics (£83), front spoiler (£66), 780 mm lowering kit and a variety of bags.
Colours: Black, orangeDid You Know?
KTM call it The Scalpel.
Launch RRP: £8,500
Capacity: 799 cc (average)
Power: 103 bhp / 77 kW (high)
Red Line: 9,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 145 mph / 233 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 14.0 litres / 3.1 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 825 mm / 32.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 174 kg / 384 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 169 kg / 373 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.592 bhp/kg / 0.441 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Finicky day / night display mode switching
- Can get hot in traffic
2020: Duke 890 R launched with more power, less weight, better suspension, the latest Brembo brakes, sticky tyres and a more aggressive riding position.
Check out this video review from 44Teeth.
For Sale (15)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left