KTM Duke 790 For Sale
The KTM Duke 790 is a middle of the range naked bike and is powered by a 799cc parallel twin engine which puts out 103bhp. It's closely related to the 790 Adventure.
- Torque, electronics, weight, headlight, handling, sound, suspension
- Finicky day / night display mode switching, brakes, can get hot in traffic
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 799cc parallel twin engine, producing 103.3bhp at 9,000rpm and maximum torque at 8,000rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium subframe / swingarm
- Dual 300mm discs up front with 2 piston calipers
- 240mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Bosch 9MP dual channel cornering ABS with off mode
- 43mm WP upside down fork with 140mm travel
- Adjustable WP rear shock with 150mm travel
- Slip and assist clutch, adjustable levers
- Lean angle sensitive traction control
- Quick shifter, WP steering damper
- Riding modes: Rain, Street, Sport, Track
- Colour TFT dash
- LED lighting all round with LED DRL
- 2->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It's actually KTM's first parallel twin engine, compared to the single in the 690 Duke and they call it the LC8c with the little "c" standing for compact, achieved by using a parallel twin over a V-Twin design and it's a stressed member of the frame. There's also an L version available with 94bhp or 47bhp restricted for the A2 licence.
KTM's track mode gives you launch control and the ability to turn off the anti-wheelie control while the Supermoto mode allows you to block the rear wheel for slides while with the ABS continues to work on the front. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 170/20 Maxxis Supermaxx ST tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic slip-on muffler (£752), wavy discs (£383), triple clamp (£493), pillion seat cover (£108), 20mm lower seat, heated grips, USB socket (£41), Carbon Fibre front mudguard (£166), racing graphics (£83), front spoiler (£66), 780mm lowering kit and a variety of bags.
Colours: Black, orange
Did You Know?
KTM call it The Scalpel.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (35)
- 1 of 12
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity / How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2018||557||0||557||240 / month|
|2019||-||-||-||700 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk
Parts & Accessories
|Use the code thebikemarket at the checkout for a cheeky little discount!|
How Does It Compare?
- Related Model
Check out this video review from 44Teeth.