KTM Duke 790 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 8 of 10
Current Prices: £7,850–£5,300
What Is It?
The KTM Duke 790 is a middle of the range naked bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 799 cc parallel twin engine, producing 103.3 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium subframe / swingarm
- Dual 300 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 240 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Bosch 9MP dual channel cornering ABS with off mode
- 43 mm WP upside down fork with 140 mm travel
- Adjustable WP rear shock with 150 mm travel
- Slip and assist clutch, adjustable levers
- Lean angle sensitive traction control
- Quick shifter, WP steering damper
- Riding modes: Rain, Street, Sport, Track
- Colour TFT dash
- LED lighting all round with LED DRL
- 2->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
It's actually KTM's first parallel twin engine, compared to the single in the 690 Duke and they call it the LC8c with the little "c" standing for compact, achieved by using a parallel twin over a V-Twin design and it's a stressed member of the frame. There's also an L version available with 94 bhp or 47 bhp restricted for the A2 licence.
KTM's track mode gives you launch control and the ability to turn off the anti-wheelie control while the Supermoto mode allows you to block the rear wheel for slides while with the ABS continues to work on the front. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 170/20 Maxxis Supermaxx ST tyre at the front and 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic slip-on muffler (£752), wavy discs (£383), triple clamp (£493), pillion seat cover (£108), 20 mm lower seat, heated grips, USB socket (£41), Carbon Fibre front mudguard (£166), racing graphics (£83), front spoiler (£66), 780 mm lowering kit and a variety of bags.
Colours: Black, orange
Did You Know?
KTM call it The Scalpel.
Review In A Few
- Torque, electronics, weight, headlight, handling, sound, suspension
- Finicky day / night display mode switching, brakes, can get hot in traffic
Capacity: 799 cc (average)
Power: 103 bhp / 77 kW (high)
Red Line: 9,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 145 mph / 233 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 150 miles / 241 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 14.0 litres / 3.1 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 825 mm / 32.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 174 kg / 384 pounds (average)
Dry Weight: 169 kg / 373 pounds
Launch RRP: £8,500
Check out this video review from 44Teeth.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2018||557||-||557||490 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||1,100 / month|