KTM 790 Adventure Bikes For Sale
What Is It?
The KTM 790 Adventure is a mid-range adventure style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 799 cc parallel twin engine, producing 93.9 bhp at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,600 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- 260 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1 MP adjustable cornering ABS with off-mode
- 43 mm WP APEX upside down fork with 200 mm travel
- Adjustable WP APEX shock with 200 mm travel
- Ride modes: Rain (70 bhp), Road, Off-Road (ABS front only), Custom (£174 Rally Pack)
- 9-level lean angle aware traction control
- 5" TFT dash
- Assist and slipper clutch
- WP steering damper
- LED lighting all round with LED running light
- 830 mm / 850 mm adjustable seat
- 2->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The bike is based on the popular naked Duke 790 but with all the necessary modifications needed for an adventure bike, however it's 20 kg heavier and the quickshifter is optional.
You get long travel suspension, a de-tuned engine, handguards, more protection all round, an easily accessible air filter under the seat, larger wire-spoked wheels, narrower tyres, larger brakes, a stronger Steel subframe, off-road pegs and a 6 litre larger fuel tank.
The wire-spoked 21" front wheel takes an Avon TrailRider 90/90 tyre and the rear 18" a 150/70.
Accessories include the Akrapovic Titanium exhaust (£875), quickshifter (£350), cruise control (£218), a variety of luggage options, Carbon fuel tank protectors (£306), hand guard options, heated grips, low screen from the R, low 800 mm seat and a variety of billet parts.
Colours: Orange/black, white/black
Launch RRP: £11,100
Capacity: 799 cc (average)
Power: 94 bhp / 70 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 135 mph / 217 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 220 miles / 354 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 5.3 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 830 mm / 32.7 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 189 kg / 417 pounds
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Up And Down The Range
The more off-road focused £12,000 790 Adventure R is essentially the same bike but with beefier adjustable suspension, 40 mm more travel, a 50 mm higher narrower fixed seat, short screen, rally style seat, knobbly tyres, Rally Mode as standard and of course a beak instead of the front mudguard.
For Sale (21)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left