Yamaha Ténéré 700 Bikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Yamaha Ténéré 700 is an off-road focused adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 689 cc parallel twin engine, producing 72.4 bhp at 9,000 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame and Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 282 mm wavy discs up front with Brembo two piston calipers
- 245 mm wavy disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- ABS system with off mode
- Adjustable 43 mm KYB upside down fork with 210 mm travel
- Adjustable KYB rear shock with 200 mm travel and remote adjuster
- Quad LED headlight and position lights
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
The off-road version of the best selling MT-07 / Tracer 700 was first shown as the T7 prototype in 2016 and differentiates itself with a new chassis, longer travel suspension, wire-spoked wheels, fork guards, bash plate, handguards, Brembo brakes, beefed up final transmission, specific fuel injection settings, flat seat, short off-road screen, new frame and custom LCD dash.
The wire-spoked 21" front wheel takes a Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR 90/90 tyre and the rear 18" a 150/70.
Accessories include 72 litre Aluminium side cases, centre stand, Akrapovic exhaust system, engine bars, rally seat, low seat, chain guard, luggage rack, LED indicators and a few billet upgrades.
- Explorer Pack: Larger thicker skid plate, engine bars, luggage rack
- Rally Pack: High rally seat, Akrapovic muffler, chain guard, chain guide, LED indicators, tank pad
Colours: Black/blue (our fav), white/red, black/grey/yellowDid You Know?
Ténéré means wilderness or desert. It's also known as the T7 and XTZ690.
Launch RRP: £8,700
Capacity: 689 cc (average)
Power: 72 bhp / 54 kW (average)
Red Line: 10,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 100 mph / 161 km/h (average)
Economy: 60 mpg / 4.7 L/100km (good)
Range: 210 miles / 338 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 16.0 litres / 4.2 US gallons (high)
Seat Height: 880 mm / 34.6 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 205 kg / 452 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 187 kg / 412 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.351 bhp/kg / 0.262 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
2021: Euro 5 compliant.
Review In A Few
- Based on the excellent MT-07
- Good on and off road
- Non-LED indicators
Up And Down The Range
For 2020 Yamaha threw the parts catalogue and a special colour scheme at the Tenere 700 to produce the £10,450 Rally Edition.
It gets the beefed up 4 mm thick bash plate, Akrapovic Titanium muffler, chain guard, LED indicators, 20 mm higher rally seat, black handlebars, gold wheels, special rally inspired paint job, radiator guard, knee grip pads, off-road grips and it's 1 kg lighter.
For Sale (28)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left