Yamaha Tracer 900 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Current Prices: £8,100–£5,850
What Is It?
The Yamaha Tracer 900 is an adventure style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 847 cc triple engine, producing 113.5 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 298 mm discs up front with four piston calipers
- Rear 245 mm disc with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Adjustable 41 mm KYB fork with 137 mm travel
- KYB rear shock with pre-load adjustment and 142 mm travel
- 3-level traction control system, 3 riding modes
- Adjustable 850 mm / 865 mm seat
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- Centre stand, slipper clutch, 12V socket
Compared to the 2015-2017 model you get a larger hand-adjustable screen, narrower handlebars which help to reduce the overall width a bit, new pillion grab rails, new bodywork / handguards / rear fender, a new 60 mm longer swingarm, new larger comfier seat, integrated pannier side mounts and rear travel is up 12 mm however the weight is also up 4 kg. The 10-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and a 180/55 at the rear.
Accessories include the Akrapovic full exhaust system (£1,100), LED fog lights (£380), LED indicators (£100), quickshifter, heated grips, heated seat, cruise control and the colour-coded quick release 22 litre panniers (£390 each) developed for the Tracer 900 GT.
- 2018: Blue/black (our fav.), grey/white/red
- 2019: Black/blue, red/grey
- 2020: Black/red, black/grey
The £10,650 Tracer 900 GT gets you the panniers (+ 12 kg), cruise control, up only quick shifter, heated grips, better shock with full adjustment and remote pre-load adjuster, a better fully adjustable fork with gold finish and the fancy colour TFT dash from the MT-10 SP. That's a lot of extra stuff for £1,400.
Did You Know?
Yamaha sold 35,000 of the original.
- Light, easy handling, comfort, brakes, less wobbles
- Still not the best looking, non-adjustable clutch lever, screen
Capacity: 847 cc (average)
Power: 114 bhp / 85 kW (high)
Red Line: 11,250 rpm (high)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 850 mm / 33.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 214 kg / 472 pounds (heavy)
Launch RRP: £9,250
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address and we can send you weekly updates with adverts like this:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2018||297||-||297||240 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||280 / month|