Yamaha Tracer 900 GT Review (2018)
What Is It?
The Yamaha Tracer 900 GT is a premium sports tourer and is powered by a liquid cooled 847 cc triple engine, producing 113.5 bhp at 10,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Seat Height: Average (850 mm / 33.5 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (227 kg / 501 lbs)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (180 miles / 290 km)
- Power to Weight: High (0.502 bhp/kg / 0.374 kW/kg)
- Top Speed: High (140 mph / 225 km/h)
What Is It Like?
- All day comfort, great ergonomics and the seat is all day comfortable.
- Really great on fuel, getting 55mpg on a run, slightly less when hooning 😂😂
- Updates such as TFT screen, heated grips and cruise control really add a quality feel to a well priced bike.
- Great engine, really strong with lots of character, Yamaha really nailed it putting the MT-09 block in a sports tourer.
- An excellent all round package, just as happy with a full load of luggage on tour as it is on a track day.
- Screen is rubbish and really noisy. Tried the touring screen by Yamaha, no better. Ended up with an MRA Vario screen, which has proved to be much better.
- Fit and finish could be a bit better, already a few signs of corrosion and my bike has only done 3,500 miles. Nothing that a good coat of ACF50 won't sort but still.
- Side stand is annoying to locate and can be a pain to put down.
- OEM tyres are rubbish, no confidence in the wet but not too bad in the dry.
- Can have ground clearance issues two up over speed bumps with the centre stand.
All in all a great package. I swapped my MT-10 for her as I was doing a lot more touring and I'm very happy with the bike.
- Matt S, 2019
Gear & Accessories
Yamaha Tracer 900 - The model that the GT builds on with the panniers, cruise control, quickshifter, heated grips, TFT dash and better suspension.
Add Your Review
Do you own this bike? We would love to hear anything good, bad, unexpected or that you have changed plus anything that a prospective new owner might find interesting or useful.
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.