Suzuki V-Strom 1050 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Launch RRP: £10,000
What Is It?
The Suzuki V-Strom 1050 is a road focused premium adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 5 compliant liquid cooled 1,037 cc V-Twin engine, producing 105.9 bhp at 8,500 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Tokico four piston calipers
- 250 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Cornering ABS
- Adjustable KYB upside down fork
- Adjustable KYB rear shock with remote adjustment
- Ride modes: Rain, Road, Sport
- 850 mm non-adjustable seat
- 3-level adjustable screen with tools
- Easy start, low RPM assist
- Slip and assist clutch
- 12V socket near the dash
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the outgoing V-Strom 1000 there's a power hike of 7 bhp just 500 rpm higher up the rev range, Euro 5 tweaks, new styling, a new screen, new LCD dash and full LED lighting but it weighs 8 kg more and maximum torque is now 2,000 rpm higher.
The big improvements can be found in the plethora of electronic rider aids, such as three ride modes and three level traction control. The 19" front wheel takes a 110/80 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
Accessories include the 35 litre top box, centre stand, chain guard, engine bars, silver or black bash plate, plastic downpipe protection, handguards, LED indicators, fog lights, heated grips, 30 mm lower seat, panniers and black or silver Aluminium hard cases.
Colours: Black, white
The £11,300 range topping XT gets wire-spoked wheels, handguards, engine bars, Aluminium under cowling, LED indicators, a hand adjustable screen over 50 mm, adjustable seat, centre stand and 12V socket although it's 11 kg heavier. It also gets the electronics package with two level cornering ABS, front to back load adjustment while braking, hill hold control and cruise control.
Capacity: 1,037 cc (high)
Power: 106 bhp / 79 kW (high)
Red Line: 9,200 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 200 miles / 322 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 4.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 850 mm / 33.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 236 kg / 520 pounds (heavy)
Check out this video from Suzuki.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: