Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (850 mm / 33.5 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (228 kg / 503 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (20.0 litres / 5.3 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (200 miles / 322 km)
- Top Speed: High (130 mph / 209 km/h)
- Capacity: High (1,037 cc)
- Power: Average (99 bhp / 74 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.434 bhp/kg / 0.324 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (9,200 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £9,500
For Sale (7)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The Suzuki V-Strom 1000 is a road focused premium adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 1,037 cc V-Twin engine, producing 99 bhp at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque at just 4,000 rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Tokico four piston calipers
- 260 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Bosch Combined ABS system (C-ABS)
- Adjustable 43 mm upside down fork
- Adjustable rear shock
- Traction control with two levels and off
- Easy start
- Low RPM assist
- Assist and slipper clutch
- 12V socket under the dash
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2014-2016 model you now get cornering ABS which monitors the bike on all 3 axes and feeds the data into the ABS system. You also get a new C-ABS system which applies the rear brake for you when enough pressure is applied to the front.
The screen still adjusts over three angles by hand (and by height with tools) but features a new 5 cm taller shape for better wind protection. Elsewhere the front beak has been given a makeover, the fork is now black and both versions now get the plastic under cowling.
The bike features quite a bit of tech, notably the easy start system which lets you quickly press and release the start switch while the bike takes care of the startup procedure. Then the low rpm assist keeps the engine ticking over smoothly for you then lets you start pulling away with just the clutch.
The 10-spoke 19" front wheel takes a 110/80 tyre and the 17" rear a 150/70.
Accessories include heated grips (£225), 35 litre / 55 litre top case (£260), panniers (£775), touring screen with adjustable spoiler (£150), high / low seat (£185), chain guard (£85), centre stand (£220), LED indicators (£215) and LED fog lamps (£465).
- 2017-2018: Black/grey, white, yellow
- 2019: Black, white, red
Strom is German for flow / steam and the V stands for the V-Twin. It's also known as the DL1000.
Model History & Updates
2017: £1,000 GT pack includes the 35 litre top box and panniers. £660 Touring pack includes the 55 litre top case, mounting plate, engine bars, tank pad and chain guard.
Up And Down The Range
The more expensive 1000XT gets you wire spoked wheels.
Popularity & How Many Left