Suzuki V-Strom 650 Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (830 mm / 32.7 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (213 kg / 470 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (20.0 litres / 5.3 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (55 mpg / 5.1 l/100km / 19.5 km/l)
- Range: High (240 miles / 386 km)
- Top Speed: High (120 mph / 193 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (645 cc)
- Power: Average (70 bhp / 52 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.329 bhp/kg / 0.245 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (10,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £7,400
For Sale (35)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review of the XT from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The Suzuki V-Strom 650 is a mid-range adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 645 cc 90° V-Twin engine, producing 70 bhp at 8,800 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Tokico two piston calipers
- 260 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Traction control with two modes and off
- Low rpm assist
- Easy start system
- LED tail light
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2012-2016 model power and torque are up slightly, it now looks more like the V-Strom DL1000, weight is down, traction control is new, the wheel are lighter, the screen is 9 mm higher, there's a 12V socket near the dash and a more comfortable seat.
The bike features quite a bit of tech, notably the easy start system which lets you quickly press and release the start switch while the bike takes care of the start-up procedure. Then the low rpm assist keeps the engine ticking over smoothly for you, then lets you start pulling away with just the clutch.
A new lower exhaust helps with emissions while also centralising the mass for better handling.
The 10-spoke 19" front wheel takes a Battlax Adventure A40 110/80 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
Accessories include the belly pan, handguards, panniers, 35 / 55 litre topbox, heated grips, touring screen with adjustable spoiler, centre stand, chain guard, LED fog lamps, LED indicators and low / high seat. The £1,200 Adventure Pack gets you engine bars, lower cowl, hand guards, centre stand, 55 litre top box and 15 litre tank bag.
- 2017-2018: Black, white, yellow
- 2019: Black, white, red
- 2020: Black, grey, white
- 2021: Red, grey, white
- 2022: Black/yellow, blue/white, white/blue
Strom is German for flow / steam and the V stands for the V-Twin. It's also known as the Wee-Strom and DL650.
Model History & Updates
2017: £1,000 GT pack includes the 35 litre top box and panniers.
Up And Down The Range
As before the 650XT is more expensive and 3 kg heavier but gets you the wire spoked wheels, belly pan and handguards.
Popularity & How Many Left