Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (830 mm / 32.7 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (216 kg / 476 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (20.0 litres / 5.3 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (55 mpg / 5.1 l/100km / 19.5 km/l)
- Range: High (240 miles / 386 km)
- Top Speed: High (120 mph / 193 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (645 cc)
- Power: Average (70 bhp / 52 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.324 bhp/kg / 0.242 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (10,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £7,900
For Sale (17)
Sell Your Bike
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT is a mid-range adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant 645 cc 90° V-Twin engine, producing 70 bhp at 8,800 rpm and maximum torque at 6,500 rpm.
- Aluminium twin spar frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Tokico two piston calipers
- 260 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS system
- Traction control with two modes and off
- Low rpm assist
- Easy start system
- LED tail light
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2012-2016 model power and torque are up slightly, it now looks more like the V-Strom DL1000, weight is down and traction control has been added. The new exhaust helps with emissions while also lowering the centre of gravity for better handling.
The wheels are now a lighter ten spoke design, there's a 12V socket under the dash, a more comfortable seat, the screen is 9 mm higher with an improved shape and it can still be adjusted over three positions with tools.
The bike features quite a bit of tech, notably the easy start system which lets you quickly press and release the start switch while the bike takes care of the startup procedure. Then the low rpm assist keeps the engine ticking over smoothly for you, then lets you start pulling away with just the clutch.
The 19" front wheel takes a Battlax Adventure A40 110/80 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
Accessories include belly pan, handguards, panniers, 35 / 55 litre topbox, heated grips, touring screen with adjustable spoiler, centre stand, chain guard, LED fog lamps, LED indicators and low / high seat.
The £900 the Adventure Pack gets you the engine bars, centre stand, 55 litre top box and 15 litre tank bag. As before the DL650 is cheaper and 3 kg lighter but lacks the wire spoked wheels, belly pan and handguards.
- 2017-2018: Black, white, yellow (with gold wheels)
- 2019: Yellow, red, white/blue
- 2020: Black, blue, yellow
- 2021: Red/black, blue/grey, white, yellow/blue
- 2022: Black/blue, blue/grey, white, yellow/blue
Strom is German for flow / steam and the V stands for the V-Twin. It's also known as the DL650XT.
Model History & Updates
2017: £1,000 GT pack includes the 35 litre top box and panniers.
Popularity & How Many Left