Suzuki V-Strom 1000 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 8 of 10
Current Prices: £6,400–£4,450
What Is It?
The Suzuki V-Strom 1000 is a road focused premium adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 3 compliant liquid cooled 1,037 cc V-Twin engine, producing 100 bhp at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque at just 4,000 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Tokico four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Bosch ABS system
- 43 mm KYB upside down fork with 160 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 160 mm travel
- Traction control with two levels and off mode
- Slipper clutch, LED tail light
- 3-level adjustable screen
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the previous 2002-2008 model, which has been out of production for 6 years due to emission regulations, the engine has been re-designed to be more efficient, there's an ABS system, traction control, the frame is stiffer, the screen offers better protection and is adjustable over three angles by hand but the height adjustment still requires tools. The 19" front wheel takes a 110/80 tyre and the 17" rear a 150/70.
Accessories include LED fog lamps, plastic or Aluminium belly pan, chain guard, centre stand, touring screen, hand guards, 26 / 29 litre panniers and 35 litre top box. The £1,000 more XT Adventure gets you the luggage set, hand guards and plastic belly pan.
Colours: Black, grey, silver, red
2016: Muffler is now all black.
Did You Know?
Strom is German for flow / steam and the V stands for the V-Twin. It's also known as the DL1000.
Capacity: 1,037 cc (high)
Power: 100 bhp / 75 kW (average)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 200 miles / 322 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 20.0 litres / 4.4 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 850 mm / 33.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 228 kg / 503 pounds (heavy)
Launch RRP: £9,000
Check out this video review from CagerOnTwoWheels.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2014||1||-||1||91 / month|
|2015||2||-||2||110 / month|
|2016||2||1||3||35 / month|