Triumph Tiger 800 XR For Sale
The 2018 Triumph Tiger 800 XR is a mid-range adventure style bike and is powered by an 800cc triple engine which puts out 94bhp. It was originally launched in 2015.
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 800cc inline triple engine, producing 93.9bhp at 9,500rpm and maximum torque at 8,050rpm.
- Tubular Steel frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 305mm discs up front with Nissin 2 piston calipers
- 255mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS system with off mode
- 43mm Showa fork with 180mm travel
- Adjustable Showa shock with 170mm travel
- Traction control with off mode
- 810mm/830mm adjustable seat
- Adjustable levers, USB, 12V, plastic belly pan
- Non-adjustable standard screen
- 3->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2015-2017 XR there's an updated engine with more low down torque and a lower ratio first gear, a lighter exhaust, new wheel design, slightly nicer brake line routing at the front and you now get a USB socket in addition to the 12V socket. The cast Aluminium 10-spoke 19" front wheel takes a Metzeler Tourance 100/90 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
The middle of the range £10,550 XRX builds on the XR with Brembo brakes at the front, the fancy 5" colour TFT dash, LED running light, self-cancelling LED indicators, comfort seat, taller 5-position screen, 4 riding modes, cruise control, centre stand and handguards but it's 1kg heavier.
At the top of the range the £12,050 XRT builds on the XRX with backlit handlebar controls, fully adjustable suspension, an additional Rider custom riding mode, 3 additional dash styles, heated grips, heated seats, Aluminium radiator guard, LED fog lights, LED headlight and centre stand but it's 2kg heavier than the XRX.
For 2018 Triumph have dropped the off-road equivalent XC model.
Accessories include engine bars, LED indicators, centre stand, handguards, heated grips, heated seats, Aluminium radiator guard/belly pan, Arrow exhaust, comfort seats and LED fog lights.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Sell Your Bike
Sell your bike with WeWantYourMotorbike today. Just pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours - easy peasy.
Check out this review from Bike World: