Triumph Tiger 800 XR Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (810 mm / 31.9 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (213 kg / 470 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (19.0 litres / 5.0 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (190 miles / 306 km)
- Top Speed: High (125 mph / 201 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (800 cc)
- Power: Average (94 bhp / 70 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.441 bhp/kg / 0.329 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (10,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £8,800
For Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
What Is It?
The Triumph Tiger 800 XR is a mid-range adventure style bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 800 cc triple engine, producing 93.9 bhp at 9,250 rpm and maximum torque at 7,850 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 308 mm discs up front with Nissin two piston calipers
- 255 mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- ABS system with off mode
- 43 mm Showa upside down fork with 180 mm travel
- Adjustable rear Showa shock with 170 mm travel
- Adjustable levers, handlebars and seat height (+20 mm)
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- Traction control with off mode
- Single 12V socket
- 3->1 exhaust system
- Belly pan
The XR replaces the original road-focused Tiger 800 and now has an additional two spec levels above it, the XRX (with low option) and range topping XRT.
ABS is now standard as is the basic belly pan and Triumph have added traction control to the mix however it's 3 kg heavier.
The engine also sees a few tweaks to lower emissions and increase fuel efficiency while the red line is 200 rpm higher.
Visually the radiator / tank side panels have a more angular design, the handlebars are now black and the frame is a darker grey.
The 19" front wheel takes a Pirelli Scorpion Trail 100/90 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
Accessories include a 20 mm lower seat, hand guards, engine bars, radiator guard, Aluminium belly pan, heated grips, panniers, top box, Arrow exhaust, centre stand, LED fog lights, comfort seat and tall screen.
- 2015-2017: Black, white
Up And Down The Range
The XRX adds auto-cancelling indicators, off-road mode, 3 on road riding modes, cruise control, centre stand, handguards, comfort seat, adjustable screen and second 12V socket but weighs 3 kg more.
Above that the range topping XRT adds the LED fog lights, third 12V socket with 650W alternator, heated seats / grips, pannier rails, GPS mount, TPMS, Aluminium radiator guard and machined brake reservoir however it's 9 kg heavier than the XRX.
Triumph also do three versions of the off-road focused XC, which roughly line up to the on-road models, but which feature adjustable WP suspension front and back, engine bars and the radiator guard. The XCX is the off-road version of the XRX while the XCA is the off-road version of the XRT.
Popularity & How Many Left