BMW F800GS For Sale
Insurance Costs: 7 of 10
Current Prices: £7,550–£3,450
Launch RRP: £9,050
Power: 85 bhp
Engine: 798 cc, 8,500 rpm red line, 140 mph top speed
Economy: 50 mpg
Range: 180 miles from the 16.0 litre tank
Seat Height: 880 mm
Weight: 217 kg (wet), 191 kg (dry)
What Is It?
The BMW F800GS is a mid-range adventure bike which is closely related to the F700GS. It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 798cc parallel twin engine, producing 85bhp at 7,500rpm and maximum torque at 5,750rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 300mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 265mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- BMW ABS system with off mode (2016 on)
- 43mm upside down fork with 230mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 215mm travel
- Road and Rain riding modes
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- LED tail light and 12V socket
- Adjustable levers
The engine is essentially the same as the F800R and F800GT but being a GS you get wire spoked wheels and much longer suspension travel for off-road use. The F800GS Adventure is basically the same bike but with a larger 24 litre tank, huge range, engine bars, tall screen and £750 added to the price.
BMW offer a number of different seat height options including 770mm, 820mm, 920mm and the 895mm comfort seat. The 21" front wheel takes a 90/90 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
- Dynamic pack (£690): Riding Modes Pro, ESA, ASC
- Comfort pack (£525): Computer, heated grips, centre stand, pannier mounts
Accessories include additional Enduro/Enduro Pro riding modes with the Riding Modes Pro option, Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA, £290), traction control (ASC, £310), heated grips (£240), computer (£160), white LED indicators (£100), knobbly tyres, centre stand (£130), pannier mounts (£130), lowered suspension with 820mm seat height (£175) and numerous luggage / screen options.
The £9,355 Rallye edition is available in white and gets you heated grips, computer, pannier mounts, handguards and the red frame.
The £9,475 Blackline edition gets you a tinted screen, LED indicators, centre stand, handguards, heated grips and pannier mounts.
- 2008-2017: Grey (red frame), blue, black, white, bronze, yellow/black
- 2018: Blue (white frame), white (red frame), black (grey frame)
Did You Know?
It shows up in Batman vs Superman and The Expendables 3.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (14)
- 1 of 5
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2008||244||110||354||14 / month|
|2009||283||87||370||15 / month|
|2010||138||53||191||11 / month|
|2011||100||31||131||22 / month|
|2013||137||45||182||18 / month|
|2014||85||13||98||5 / month|
|2015||86||10||96||78 / month|
|2016||96||9||105||61 / month|
|2017||150||11||161||88 / month|
Stats include those licenced for use on the road and those off the road with a SORN, by year of production. Source: DVLA
If you know the registration number / VRM you can check the current tax state using Gov.uk