BMW F800GS For Sale
Insurance Costs: 7 of 10
Current Prices: £7,300–£3,450
What Is It?
The BMW F800GS is a mid-range adventure bike which is closely related to the F700GS. It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 798 cc parallel twin engine, producing 85 bhp at 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at 5,750 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 300 mm discs up front with Brembo two piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- BMW ABS system with off mode (2016 on)
- 43 mm upside down fork with 230 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 215 mm travel
- Road and Rain riding modes
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- LED tail light and 12V socket
- Adjustable levers
The engine is essentially the same as the F800R and F800GT but being a GS you get wire spoked wheels and much longer suspension travel for off-road use. The F800GS Adventure is basically the same bike but with a larger 24 litre tank, huge range, engine bars, tall screen and £750 added to the price.
BMW offer a number of different seat height options including 770 mm, 820 mm, 920 mm and the 895 mm comfort seat. The 21" front wheel takes a 90/90 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
- Dynamic pack (£690): Riding Modes Pro, ESA, ASC
- Comfort pack (£525): Computer, heated grips, centre stand, pannier mounts
Accessories include additional Enduro/Enduro Pro riding modes with the Riding Modes Pro option, Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA, £290), traction control (ASC, £310), heated grips (£240), computer (£160), white LED indicators (£100), knobbly tyres, centre stand (£130), pannier mounts (£130), lowered suspension with 820 mm seat height (£175) and numerous luggage / screen options.
The £9,355 Rallye edition is available in white and gets you heated grips, computer, pannier mounts, handguards and the red frame.
The £9,475 Blackline edition gets you a tinted screen, LED indicators, centre stand, handguards, heated grips and pannier mounts.
- 2008-2017: Grey (red frame), blue, black, white, bronze, yellow/black
- 2018: Blue (white frame), white (red frame), black (grey frame)
Did You Know?
It shows up in Batman vs Superman and The Expendables 3.
Capacity: 798 cc (average)
Power: 85 bhp / 63 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 180 miles / 290 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 16.0 litres / 3.5 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 880 mm / 34.6 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 217 kg / 478 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 191 kg / 421 pounds
Launch RRP: £9,050
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2008||244||110||354||14 / month|
|2009||283||87||370||28 / month|
|2010||138||53||191||6 / month|
|2011||100||31||131||37 / month|
|2012||116||53||169||5 / month|
|2013||137||45||182||42 / month|
|2014||85||13||98||23 / month|
|2015||86||10||96||77 / month|
|2016||96||9||105||85 / month|
|2017||150||11||161||160 / month|