BMW F850GS For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW F850GS is a mid-range adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 853 cc parallel twin engine, producing 93.9 bhp at 8,250 rpm and maximum torque at 6,250 rpm.
- Steel frame and Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 305 mm discs up front with Brembo two piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- ABS system with off mode
- 43 mm upside down fork with 204 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 219 mm travel
- Traction control, non-adjustable screen
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
- LED tail light
Compared to the 2008-2017 F800GS there's a new chassis, new 55 cc larger engine making 9 bhp more power, the seat height is 20 mm lower and the chain / exhaust have switched sides however it's 12 kg heavier and fuel capacity is down 1 litre.
Notably the fuel tank is now in the usual position, rather than under the seat, to help the front / rear weight distribution. The wire spoked 21" front wheel takes a 90/90 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
- Exclusive: Gold fork, hand guards, radiator cover
- Rallye: Gold wheels, radiator cover, hand guards
Accessories include the LED headlight with LED daytime running light, 835 mm low seat, 875 mm comfort seat, 890 mm Rallye seat, Pro riding modes, cornering ABS, dynamic traction control, dynamic electronic suspension, tall screen, 6.5" colour TFT dash, SOS emergency call, up / down quickshifter, Akrapovic exhaust, knobbly tyres, keyless start, centre stand, engine bars, heated grips, cruise control, Aluminium belly pan and luggage.
- 2018-2020: Red/silver, blue/silver (Exclusive), white/blue/red (Rallye)
BMW's more road focused £7,950 F750GS is essentially the same bike but with cast wheels, a smaller 19" at the front, smaller standard fork, lower seat, less suspension travel and the engine is restricted to 76 bhp. It doesn't get the option of the off-road knobbly tyres or the Enduro Pro riding mode.
2018: Dynamic brake light now standard.
Review In A Few
- Handling, all round capability
- Screen, centre stand
Capacity: 853 cc (average)
Power: 94 bhp / 70 kW (average)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 140 mph / 225 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 160 miles / 257 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 15.0 litres / 3.3 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 860 mm / 33.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 229 kg / 505 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.410 bhp/kg / 0.306 kW/kg
Launch RRP: £9,400
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2018||177||-||177||31 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||150 / month|