BMW F850GS For Sale
The 2018 BMW F850GS is a mid-range adventure bike and is powered by an 853cc parallel twin engine which puts out 94bhp. It replaces the F800GS and is closely related to the F750GS.
- Handling, all round capability
- Screen, centre stand
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 853cc parallel twin engine, producing 93.9bhp at 8,250rpm and maximum torque at 6,250rpm.
- Steel frame and Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 305mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 265mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- ABS system with off mode
- 43mm upside down fork with 204mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 219mm travel
- Traction control, non-adjustable screen
- Ride modes: Road, Rain (Dynamic, Enduro, Enduro Pro optional)
- LED tail light
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the 2008-2017 F800GS there's a new chassis, new 55cc larger engine making 9bhp more, the seat height is 20mm lower and the chain/exhaust have switched sides however it's 12kg heavier and fuel capacity is down 1 litre. Notably the fuel tank is now in the usual position rather than under the seat. The wire spoked 21" front wheel takes a 90/90 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
BMW's more road focused £7,950 F750GS is essentially the same bike but with cast wheels, smaller 19" at the front, smaller right way up fork, lower seat, less suspension travel and the engine is restricted to 76bhp. It doesn't get the option of the off-road knobbly tyres or the Enduro Pro riding mode.
Accessories include the LED headlight with LED daytime running light (also seen on the C400 X scooter), 835mm low seat, 875mm comfort seat, 890mm Rallye seat, Pro riding modes, cornering ABS, dynamic traction control, dynamic electric suspension, tall screen, 6.5" colour TFT dash with mobile connectivity, SOS emergency call function, up/down quickshifter, Akrapovic exhaust, knobbly tyres, keyless start, centre stand, engine bars, heated grips, cruise control, Aluminium belly pan and luggage.
- Exclusive: Blue/silver colour scheme, gold fork, hand guards, radiator cover
- Rallye: White/red/blue colour scheme, gold wheels, radiator cover, hand guards
- 2018: Red/silver, blue/silver (Exclusive), white/blue/red (Rallye)
2018: Dynamic brake light now standard.
If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Check out this review from TheMissendenFlyer: