BMW F850GS Adventure For Sale
The 2019 BMW F850GSA is a mid-range off-road adventure bike and is powered by an 853cc parallel twin engine which puts out 94bhp. It replaces the F800GSA and is closely related to the road-focused F850GS.
Pros / Cons
- Range, capability, handling, loads of options
- On the heavy side, high seat
What Is It?
It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 853cc parallel twin engine, producing 93.9bhp at 8,250rpm and maximum torque at 6,250rpm.
- Steel frame and Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 305mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 265mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- ABS system with off mode
- 43mm upside down fork with 230mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 215mm travel
- Traction control, 2-level adjustable screen
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- LED headlight, dynamic brake light
- 2->1 exhaust system, adjustable levers
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the outgoing F800GSA there's a new chassis, new 55cc larger engine making 9bhp more, a 15mm lower seat, more protection and the chain / exhaust have switched sides however it's 12kg heavier and fuel capacity is down one litre.
Notably the fuel tank is now in the usual position, rather than under the seat, to help the front / rear weight distribution. The wire spoked 21" front wheel takes a 90/90 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
- Sport: LED running light / fog lights / indicators, dynamic traction control, quickshifter, cornering ABS, Ride Modes Pro
Accessories include the LED indicators, LED daytime running light, 835mm low seat, 890mm Rallye seat, 815mm lowering kit, Pro riding modes (Dynamic, Enduro, Enduro Pro), cornering ABS, dynamic traction control, dynamic electronic suspension (ESA), 6.5" colour TFT dash, SOS function, up / down quickshifter, Akrapovic exhaust, knobbly tyres, keyless start, centre stand, heated grips, cruise control, LED fog lights, Aluminium belly pan and luggage system.
- Colours: Grey, grey/red (Exclusive), blue/white/red (Rallye)
Compared to the 2018 road-focused F850GS, which it's based on, you get longer travel suspension, wire spoked wheels, engine bars, larger adjustable screen with side deflectors, off-road pegs, a Stainless Steel rack and a much larger fuel tank but it's 15kg heavier.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Bikes for Sale (1)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.