BMW F850GS Adventure For Sale
What Is It?
The BMW F850GSA is a mid-range off-road adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 853 cc parallel twin engine, producing 93.9 bhp at 8,250 rpm and maximum torque at 6,250 rpm.
- Steel frame and Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 305 mm discs up front with Brembo two piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- ABS system with off mode
- 43 mm upside down fork with 230 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 215 mm travel
- Traction control
- 2-level adjustable screen
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- LED headlight
- Dynamic brake light
- 2->1 exhaust system
- Adjustable levers
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the outgoing F800GSA there's a new chassis, new 55 cc larger engine making 9 bhp more power, a 15 mm lower seat, more protection and the chain / exhaust have switched sides however it's 12 kg heavier and fuel capacity is down one litre.
Notably the fuel tank is now in the usual position, rather than under the seat, to help the front / rear weight distribution. The wire spoked 21" front wheel takes a 90/90 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
- Sport: LED running light / fog lights / indicators, dynamic traction control, quickshifter, cornering ABS, Ride Modes Pro
Accessories include the LED indicators, LED daytime running light, 835 mm low seat, 890 mm Rallye seat, 815 mm lowering kit, Pro riding modes (Dynamic, Enduro, Enduro Pro), cornering ABS, dynamic traction control, dynamic electronic suspension (ESA), 6.5" colour TFT dash, SOS function, up / down quickshifter, Akrapovic exhaust, knobbly tyres, keyless start, centre stand, heated grips, cruise control, LED fog lights, Aluminium belly pan and luggage system.
- 2019: Grey, grey/red (Exclusive), blue/white/red (Rallye)
- 2020: Grey, brown/red, black/yellow/silver (40 years GS edition)
Up And Down The Range
Compared to the 2018 road-focused F850GS, which it's based on, you get longer travel suspension, wire spoked wheels, engine bars, larger adjustable screen with side deflectors, off-road pegs, a Stainless Steel rack and a much larger fuel tank but it's 15 kg heavier.
2020: LED indicators, ABS Pro (cornering ABS) and DTC (dynamic traction control) standard. Dash based USB port added. 40 years GS edition added with special colour scheme, yellow handguards/accents and gold wheels.
Review In A Few
- Loads of options
- On the heavy side
- High seat
Launch RRP: £10,600
Capacity: 853 cc (average)
Power: 94 bhp / 70 kW (average)
Red Line: 9,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 50 mpg / 5.6 L/100km (average)
Range: 250 miles / 402 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 23.0 litres / 5.1 gallons (very high)
Seat Height: 875 mm / 34.4 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 244 kg / 538 pounds (heavy)
Power to Weight: 0.385 bhp/kg / 0.287 kW/kg
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes for Sale (0)
We haven't seen any for sale today. Set up an alert and we will let you know when we see one.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: