BMW F850GS Adventure Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (875 mm / 34.4 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (244 kg / 538 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: Very High (23.0 litres / 6.1 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (50 mpg / 5.6 l/100km / 17.7 km/l)
- Range: High (250 miles / 402 km)
- Top Speed: High (130 mph / 209 km/h)
- Capacity: Average (853 cc)
- Power: Average (94 bhp / 70 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.385 bhp/kg / 0.287 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (9,000 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £10,600
For Sale (8)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The BMW F850GSA is a mid-range off-road adventure bike and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant liquid cooled 853 cc parallel twin engine, producing 93.9 bhp at 8,250 rpm and maximum torque at 6,250 rpm.
- Steel frame and Aluminium swingarm
- Dual 305 mm discs up front with Brembo two piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- ABS system with off mode
- 43 mm upside down fork with 230 mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 215 mm travel
- Traction control
- 2-level adjustable screen
- Ride modes: Road, Rain
- LED headlight
- Dynamic brake light
- 2->1 exhaust system
- Adjustable levers
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the outgoing F800GSA there's a new chassis, new 55 cc larger engine making 9 bhp more power, a 15 mm lower seat, more protection and the chain / exhaust have switched sides however it's 12 kg heavier and fuel capacity is down one litre.
Notably the fuel tank is now in the usual position, rather than under the seat, to help the front / rear weight distribution. The wire spoked 21" front wheel takes a 90/90 tyre and the rear 17" a 150/70.
- Sport: LED running light / fog lights / indicators, dynamic traction control, quickshifter, cornering ABS, Ride Modes Pro
Accessories include the LED indicators, LED daytime running light, 835 mm low seat, 890 mm Rallye seat, 815 mm lowering kit, Pro riding modes (Dynamic, Enduro, Enduro Pro), cornering ABS, dynamic traction control, dynamic electronic suspension (ESA), 6.5" colour TFT dash, SOS function, up / down quickshifter, Akrapovic exhaust, knobbly tyres, keyless start, centre stand, heated grips, cruise control, LED fog lights, Aluminium belly pan and luggage system.
- 2019: Grey, grey/red (Exclusive), blue/white/red (Rallye)
- 2020-2021: Grey, brown/red, black/yellow/silver (40 years GS edition)
- 2022: Triple black, white, brown/red
Model History & Updates
2020: LED indicators, ABS Pro (cornering ABS) and DTC (dynamic traction control) standard. Dash based USB port added. 40 years GS edition added with special colour scheme, yellow handguards/accents and gold wheels.
Up And Down The Range
Compared to the 2018 road-focused F850GS, which it's based on, you get longer travel suspension, wire spoked wheels, engine bars, larger adjustable screen with side deflectors, off-road pegs, a Stainless Steel rack and a much larger fuel tank but it's 15 kg heavier.
Popularity & How Many Left