BMW R nineT Urban GS Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (850 mm / 33.5 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (221 kg / 487 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (17.0 litres / 4.5 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (170 miles / 274 km)
- Top Speed: High (130 mph / 209 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,170 cc)
- Power: High (107 bhp / 80 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.484 bhp/kg / 0.361 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £11,515
For Sale (3)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this promo video from BMW.
What Is It?
The BMW R nineT Urban GS is a premium retro scrambler style bike based on the R nineT Pure, with a headlight fairing, flat seat and front beak. It's powered by a Euro 5 compliant air / oil-cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 107 bhp at 7,250 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with single sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- Cornering ABS system with off mode
- Steel braided brake lines
- 43 mm upside down fork with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable rear Paralever suspension with 140 mm travel
- Ride modes: Rain, Road
- Traction control
- Detachable pillion frame
- 2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
- USB socket
Compared to the 2017-2020 model there's a small Euro 5 engine tweak with peak power arriving 500 rpm lower, a boost to the mid range power between 4,000 rpm and 6,000 rpm, new cylinder heads, cornering ABS and two ride modes are standard, the new shock is more adjustable, the headlight is now LED and the white LED indicators are now standard.
The 5-spoke 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the 17" rear a 170/60.
Accessories include heated grips, wire-spoked wheels, knobbly off-road tyres, low seat, cruise control, Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), engine drag torque control (MSR), Ride Modes Pro (Dirt), Aluminium bash plate, off-road tyres and cylinder head covers.
- 2021: Black/red, white/red/blue, black/yellow (40th)
- 2022: Black/red, white/red/blue, black/blue/red
The boxer engine design has the cylinders aligned with the road, low down, which helps to keep the centre of mass low for improved handling and the shaft drive is great for easy maintenance.