BMW R nineT Urban GS For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Current Prices: £8,450–£6,750
What Is It?
The BMW R nineT Urban GS is a premium retro scrambler style bike based on the R nineT Pure, with a headlight fairing, flat seat and front beak. It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant air / oil-cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 110 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Tubular Steel frame with single sided swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo four piston calipers
- 265 mm disc at the rear with two piston caliper
- BMW ABS system with off mode & Steel braided brake lines
- 43 mm upside down fork with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable rear Paralever suspension with 140 mm travel
- Detachable pillion frame
- 2->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2017 R nineT the fork is non-adjustable and has 5 mm more travel, rear travel is up 20 mm, the front wheel is 19", the seat is 47 mm higher, the fuel tank slightly smaller and it's made from Steel, there is just one clock and the swingarm is painted black like the 2017 R nineT.
The boxer engine design has the cylinders aligned with the road, low down, which helps to keep the centre of mass low for improved handling and the shaft drive is great for easy maintenance. The 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the 17" rear a 170/60.
Accessories include traction control (ASC), heated grips, LED indicators, knobbly off-road tyres, wire spoked wheels, Chrome plated manifold, low seat, Aluminium bash plate, cylinder head covers and handguards. For £715 more the X version gets you LED indicators, heated grips, spoked wheels and a Chrome exhaust.
- 2017-2019: White/blue with red seat
2018: A host of BMW Motorrad Special finish items are available including black/gold cylinder head covers and seat side plates. Dynamic brake light now standard and cross-spoke wheels an option.
2020: Traction control (ASC) now standard.
Review In A Few
- Looks great with the spokes, power, handling, comfort, customisation potential
- No fuel gauge, traction control, stock suspension
Capacity: 1,170 cc (very high)
Power: 110 bhp / 82 kW (high)
Red Line: 8,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 850 mm / 33.5 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 221 kg / 487 pounds (heavy)
Launch RRP: £10,650
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Bikes For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours: