BMW R nineT Scrambler For Sale
Insurance Costs: 9 of 10
Current Prices: £9,050–£6,400
What Is It?
The BMW R nineT Scrambler is a premium retro motorbike based on the R nineT Pure but with a high exhaust. It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant air cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 110 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with shaft drive
- Dual 320 mm discs with Brembo four piston calipers up front
- Rear 265 mm disc with two piston caliper
- ABS system
- 43 mm standard fork with 125 mm travel
- Pre-load adjustable rear Paralever suspension with 140 mm travel
- White indicators, LED rear light
- 2->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Side stand with cut out switch
- Adjustable levers, power socket
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the standard R nineT the seat is 35 mm higher, the front wheel is 19" rather than 17", the wheels cast Aluminium rather than wire spoked, the tank slightly smaller and made from Steel rather than brushed Aluminium, it's a standard fork and the brakes are cheaper. The 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear a 170/60.
Options include heated grips (£240), LED indicators (£100), traction control (ASC, £310), Aluminium fuel tank (£775), Chrome exhaust pipe (£90), headlight grill, comfort seat, higher seat, fly screen, Akrapovic silencer and sump guard. The cylinder head covers can also be changed to Chrome, silver or black to customise the look.
The £11,010 R nineT Scrambler Sport gets you heated grips, LED indicators, Chrome exhaust, both dash clocks, spoked wheels and optional off road tyres although for that price you might want to look at the original R nineT instead.
- 2016-2017: Matt grey
- 2018: Blue, black/gold, white/black
2018: A host of BMW Motorrad Spezial finish items are available including black/gold cylinder head covers and seat side plates. Dynamic brake light now standard and cross-spoked wheels now an option.
2020: Traction control (ASC) now standard.
Did You Know?
It features in Mission:Impossible Fallout.
Review In A Few
- Looks, handling, build quality, easy to customise
- Suspension, no gear position indicator or fuel gauge
Capacity: 1,170 cc (very high)
Power: 110 bhp / 82 kW (high)
Red Line: 8,500 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 125 mph / 201 km/h (high)
Economy: 45 mpg / 6.3 L/100km (average)
Range: 170 miles / 274 km (high)
Fuel Capacity: 17.0 litres / 3.7 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 220 kg / 485 pounds (heavy)
Launch RRP: £10,450
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2016||111||10||121||94 / month|
|2017||236||22||258||57 / month|
|2018||173||-||173||25 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||5 / month|