BMW R nineT Scrambler Bikes For Sale
- Seat Height: Average (820 mm / 32.3 inches)
- Weight: Heavy (220 kg / 485 lbs)
- Fuel Capacity: High (17.0 litres / 4.5 US gallons)
- Economy: Average (45 mpg / 6.3 l/100km / 15.9 km/l)
- Range: High (170 miles / 274 km)
- Top Speed: High (125 mph / 201 km/h)
- Capacity: Very High (1,170 cc)
- Power: High (110 bhp / 82 kW)
- Power to Weight: Average (0.500 bhp/kg / 0.373 kW/kg)
- Redline: Average (8,500 rpm)
- Road Tax / VED: Very High (£101 Per Year)
- Launch RRP: £10,450
For Sale (6)
Sell Your Bike
Price Guide & Used Prices
Gear & Accessories
Review In A Few
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
What Is It?
The BMW R nineT Scrambler is a premium retro motorbike based on the R nineT Pure but with a high exhaust. It's powered by a Euro 4 compliant air cooled 1,170 cc Boxer engine, producing 110 bhp at 7,750 rpm and maximum torque at 6,000 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with shaft drive
- Dual 320 mm discs with Brembo four piston calipers up front
- Rear 265 mm disc with two piston caliper
- ABS system
- 43 mm standard fork with 125 mm travel
- Pre-load adjustable rear Paralever suspension with 140 mm travel
- White indicators
- LED rear light
- 2->1 Stainless Steel exhaust system
- Side stand with cut out switch
- Adjustable levers
- Power socket
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the standard R nineT the seat is 35 mm higher, the front wheel is 19" rather than 17", the wheels cast Aluminium rather than wire spoked, the tank slightly smaller and made from Steel rather than brushed Aluminium, it's a standard fork and the brakes are cheaper. The 19" front wheel takes a 120/70 tyre and the rear a 170/60.
Options include heated grips (£240), LED indicators (£100), traction control (ASC, £310), Aluminium fuel tank (£775), Chrome exhaust pipe (£90), headlight grill, comfort seat, higher seat, fly screen, Akrapovic silencer and sump guard. The cylinder head covers can also be changed to Chrome, silver or black to customise the look.
The £11,010 R nineT Scrambler Sport gets you heated grips, LED indicators, Chrome exhaust, both dash clocks, spoked wheels and optional off road tyres although for that price you might want to look at the original R nineT instead.
- 2016-2017: Matt grey
- 2018: Blue, black/gold, white/black
It features in Mission:Impossible Fallout.
Model History & Updates
2018: A host of BMW Motorrad Spezial finish items are available including black / gold cylinder head covers and seat side plates. Dynamic brake light now standard and cross-spoked wheels now an option.
2020: Traction control (ASC) now standard.