Ducati Scrambler 1100 Special For Sale
Insurance Costs: 7 of 10
Current Prices: £10,800–£7,300
What Is It?
The Ducati Scrambler 1100 Special is one of three variants of the newer, larger, retro Scrambler bikes and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant air / oil cooled 1,079 cc V-Twin engine, producing 84.5 bhp at 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at just 4,750 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium subframe and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo M4.32 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1MP cornering ABS (always on)
- Adjustable 45 mm Marzocchi upside down fork with 150 mm travel
- Adjustable Kayaba rear shock with 150 mm travel
- Assist and slipper clutch, 4-level traction control
- Ride modes: City (75 bhp), Journey, Active
- LED tail light, indicators and headlight surround
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Over the £10,700 base model Scrambler 1100 you get wire spoked wheels, lower black handlebars, a Chromed exhaust, silver swingarm and a plush brown seat but it's 5 kg heavier.
The dash is reasonably basic in the era of colour TFT affairs but you do get a gear position indicator, Steel tank with interchangeable Aluminium covers, a cool LED position light around the edge of the headlight and a small underseat storage area with USB socket. The wire spoked 18" front wheel takes a Pirelli MT 60 RS 120/80 tyre and the rear a 180/55.
At the top of the range the £12,300 Scrambler 1100 Sport builds on the base model with the low black bars from the Special, a premium black seat, custom black/yellow paint job and Ohlins suspension.
Did You Know?
Plastic bits are few and far between.
Review In A Few
- Looks great
- Low down torque
- No "retro" TFT dash
Capacity: 1,079 cc (high)
Power: 85 bhp / 63 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 15.0 litres / 3.3 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 211 kg / 465 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 194 kg / 428 pounds
Launch RRP: £11,500
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2018||37||-||37||120 / month|
|2019||Data coming soon...||43 / month|