Ducati Scrambler 1100 Special Bikes For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati Scrambler 1100 Special is one of three variants of the newer, larger, retro Scrambler bikes and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant air / oil cooled 1,079 cc V-Twin engine, producing 84.5 bhp at 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at just 4,750 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium subframe and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo M4.32 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1MP cornering ABS (always on)
- Adjustable 45 mm Marzocchi upside down fork with 150 mm travel
- Adjustable Kayaba rear shock with 150 mm travel
- Assist and slipper clutch, 4-level traction control
- Ride modes: City (75 bhp), Journey, Active
- LED tail light, indicators and headlight surround
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Over the £10,700 base model Scrambler 1100 you get wire spoked wheels, lower black handlebars, a Chromed exhaust, silver swingarm and a plush brown seat but it's 5 kg heavier.
The dash is reasonably basic but you do get a gear position indicator, Steel tank with interchangeable Aluminium covers, a cool LED position light around the edge of the headlight and a small underseat storage area with USB socket.
The wire spoked 18" front wheel takes a Pirelli MT 60 RS 120/80 tyre and the rear a 180/55.
Colours: GreyDid You Know?
Plastic bits are few and far between.
Launch RRP: £11,500
Capacity: 1,079 cc (high)
Power: 85 bhp / 63 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 15.0 litres / 4.0 US gallons (average)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 211 kg / 465 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 194 kg / 428 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.403 bhp/kg / 0.300 kW/kg
Road Tax (VED): £96 / Year (Very High)
Review In A Few
- Low down torque
- Looks great
- No "retro" TFT dash
Up And Down The Range
At the top of the range the £12,300 Scrambler 1100 Sport builds on the base model with the low black bars from the Special, a premium black seat, custom black/yellow paint job and Ohlins suspension.
Check out this video review from TheMissendenFlyer.
For Sale (2)
Sell Your Bike
Simply pop in the reg number to get a same day valuation from We Want Your Motorbike:
Popularity & How Many Left