Ducati Scrambler 1100 For Sale
What Is It?
The Ducati Scrambler 1100 is one of three variants of the newer, larger, retro Scrambler bikes and is powered by a Euro 4 compliant air / oil cooled 1,079 cc V-Twin engine, producing 84.5 bhp at 7,500 rpm and maximum torque at just 4,750 rpm.
- Steel tubular frame with Aluminium subframe and swingarm
- Dual 320 mm discs up front with Brembo M4.32 four piston calipers
- 245 mm disc at the rear with Brembo single piston caliper
- Bosch 9.1MP cornering ABS (always on)
- Adjustable 45 mm Marzocchi upside down fork with 150 mm travel
- Adjustable Kayaba rear shock with 150 mm travel
- Assist and slipper clutch, 4-level traction control
- Ride modes: City (75 bhp), Journey, Active
- LED tail light, indicators and headlight surround
- 2->1->2 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Compared to the original 803cc Scrambler range the engine is 276 cc larger with 10 bhp more power 750 rpm lower down the range, the dimensions are a bit bigger all round, there are dual mufflers, the seat is 20 mm higher and the weight is up 20 kg.
You also get more rider aids like cornering ABS, traction control and riding modes. To give roughly the same range as the smaller capacity machines Ducati have increased the fuel capacity by 1.5 litres. The 10-spoke 18" front wheel takes a Pirelli MT 60 RS 120/80 tyre and the rear a 180/55.
The dash is reasonably basic but you do get a gear position indicator, Steel tank with interchangeable Aluminium covers, a cool LED position light around the edge of the headlight and a small underseat storage area with USB socket.
Colours: Black, yellowDid You Know?
It features in the 2018 film Venom.
Up And Down The Range
The £11,500 Scrambler 1100 Special gets you black wire-spoked wheels, a premium brown seat, Chromed exhaust, lower black handlebars, Chromed exhaust pipes, grey colour scheme and brushed silver swingarm however it's 5 kg heavier.
The top of the range £12,300 Scrambler 1100 Sport builds on the base model with the low black bars from the Special, a premium black seat, custom black/yellow paint job and Ohlins suspension.
Review In A Few
- Low down torque
- Looks great
- Interesting brake line routing
- No "retro" TFT dash
Launch RRP: £10,700
Capacity: 1,079 cc (high)
Power: 85 bhp / 63 kW (average)
Red Line: 8,000 rpm (average)
Top Speed: 130 mph / 209 km/h (high)
Economy: 40 mpg / 7.1 L/100km (average)
Range: 130 miles / 209 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 15.0 litres / 3.3 gallons (average)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Wet Weight: 206 kg / 454 pounds (heavy)
Dry Weight: 189 kg / 417 pounds
Power to Weight: 0.413 bhp/kg / 0.308 kW/kg
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left