Suzuki Katana First Look
The Suzuki Katana is a funky retro naked bike and is powered by a 999cc inline four engine which puts out 148bhp.
What Is It?
It's powered by a liquid cooled 999cc inline four engine which makes 147.5bhp at 10,000rpm and maximum torque at 9,500rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310mm discs up front with Brembo 2 piston calipers
- 220mm disc at the rear with Nissin single piston caliper
- Bosch ABS system
- Adjustable 43mm KYB upside down fork with 120mm travel
- Adjustable rear shock with 63mm travel
- 3 level traction control with off mode
- Low RPM assist, easy start system
- Slip and assist clutch
- LED lighting all round
- 4->2->1 exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox with gear position indicator
Suzuki's Katana is essentially the naked GSX-S1000 with some retro re-styling, which itself borrows the engine from the 2005 GSX-R1000 sports bike. The angular bodywork is all new, as is the one piece two-tone seat, LED headlight/running lights, LCD dash and rear plate holder but all that styling adds 8kg to the weight even though the tank is a massive 5 litres smaller. RRP is likely to be around the £11k mark.
The 6-spoke 17" wheels take a 120/70 tyre at the front and 190/50 at the rear.
Accessories include a tinted screen, red accented seat, red calipers and various Carbon bits.
Colours: Black (our fav.), silver
It should hit the dealers Spring 2019
Did You Know?
It pays homage to the 1981 GSX1100S Katana
- Related Model
If we've missed something vital or got something laughably wrong about this model please let us know and we will love you forever.
Check out this promo from Suzuki: