Suzuki GSX-R1000 For Sale
What Is It?
The Suzuki GSX-R1000 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998.6 cc inline four engine, producing 178 bhp at 11,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Tokico four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm Kayaba upside down fork with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable Kayaba rear shock with 130 mm travel
- Steering damper
- LED tail light
- 4->2->1 Titanium exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2003-2004 model there's a new higher revving engine with Titanium valves, 14 bhp more power, larger front discs, a new silencer design, new more aerodynamic fairing, narrower tank, 10 mm lower seat, the indicators are now in the mirrors, there's a new slipper clutch, it's 40 mm shorter and 2 kg has been shaved off the weight.
A good 1.2 kg is saved from the new frame, with 500 grams off the wheels, 350 grams off the fuel tank and some more from new battery / generator.
The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone BT014 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Colours: Blue/white/black, black/grey, yellow/black, red/black
Review In A Few
Launch RRP: £8,800
Capacity: 999 cc (high)
Power: 178 bhp / 133 kW (very high)
Red Line: 13,500 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 166 kg / 366 pounds
Check out this video review from mark pulling.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left