Suzuki GSX-R1000 For Sale
Insurance Costs: 10 of 10
Current Prices: £3,900–£2,950
What Is It?
The Suzuki GSX-R1000 is a dedicated sports bike and is powered by a liquid cooled 998.6 cc inline four engine, producing 178 bhp at 11,000 rpm and maximum torque at 8,500 rpm.
- Aluminium frame and swingarm
- Dual 310 mm discs up front with Tokico four piston calipers
- 220 mm disc at the rear with single piston caliper
- Adjustable 43 mm Kayaba upside down fork with 125 mm travel
- Adjustable Kayaba rear shock with 130 mm travel
- Steering damper, LED tail light
- 4->2->1 Titanium exhaust system
- 6 speed gearbox
Compared to the 2003-2004 model there's a new higher revving engine with Titanium valves, 14 bhp more power, larger front discs, a new silencer design, new more aerodynamic fairing, narrower tank, 10 mm lower seat, the indicators are now in the mirrors, there's a new slipper clutch, it's 40 mm shorter and 2 kg has been shaved off the weight.
A good 1.2 kg is saved from the new frame, with 500 grams off the wheels, 350 grams off the fuel tank and some more from new battery / generator. The 3-spoke 17" wheels take a Bridgestone BT014 120/70 tyre at the front and a 190/50 at the rear.
Colours: Blue/white/black, black/grey, yellow/black, red/black
Review In A Few
- Fast, stylish, power, torque, handling
- Finish, economy, brakes
Capacity: 999 cc (high)
Power: 178 bhp / 133 kW (very high)
Red Line: 13,500 rpm (very high)
Top Speed: 185 mph / 298 km/h (very high)
Economy: 35 mpg / 8.1 L/100km (poor)
Range: 140 miles / 225 km (average)
Fuel Capacity: 18.0 litres / 4.0 gallons (high)
Seat Height: 810 mm / 31.9 inches (average)
Dry Weight: 166 kg / 366 pounds
Launch RRP: £8,800
Check out this video review from mark pulling.
Something wrong? Let us know.
Create An Alert
Pop in your email address for updates when we see new similar adverts for sale:
- It's super easy to cancel it with just one click.
- Your email will only be used for these alerts.
- You can have one active alert at any one time.
- The alert will time out after 30 days.
Sell Your Bike
Pop in your reg number, get a same day valuation from WeWantYourMotorbike and they'll buy your bike within 24 hours:
Popularity & How Many Left
|Year||On The Road||Off The Road||Total||For Sale|
|2005||733||795||1,528||140 / month|
|2006||602||595||1,197||120 / month|